A selection of articles related to gautama buddha.
Original articles from our library related to the Gautama Buddha. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gautama Buddha.
- Buddha, the enlightened one, is primarily referred to Siddhartha Sakyamuni Gautama, the historical founder of Buddhism. He was a prince of a small kingdom in Kalinga (now Orissa), Northern India.
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Buddha and Reiki: A Personal Experience
- The Buddha and Reiki are in a beautiful way related in my life. Perhaps not so amazing, since the man who discovered Reiki, Mikao Usui, was a Japanese Buddhist. About three years ago I bought a bronze with gold plated Buddha statue in Ladakh. It sits on my...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
Religions >> Buddhism
Gautama Buddha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gautama Buddha books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Siddhartha Gautama Buddha - Kouroo Contexture
- May 2, 2008 SIDDHARTHA GAUTAMA BUDDHA. A WEEK: It is necessary not to be Christian to appreciate the beauty and significance of the life of Christ.
- The Arya Dharma of Sakya Muni, Gautama Buddha. The Ethics of
- Gautama The Buddha or THE LIFE OF THE BUDDHA, GAUTAMA SAKYA MUNI . .
- What did Gautama Buddha discover?
- What did the Buddha discover? [Talk given by Michael Eido Luetchford at a retreat in the Lotus Centre in Prague in. June 2005].
- GREAT REFORMERS: GAUTAMA BUDDHA
- GREAT REFORMERS: GAUTAMA BUDDHA. THE concession of human greatness to Gautama.
- Gautam Buddha
- Varanasi. So to Samath the compassionate Buddha turned his steps. His former disciples saw him 'approach from a distance.
Suggested News Resources
- A fusion of emotions
- The story is told of when Gautama Buddha once passed through his home town of Kapilavastu with his disciples. His young son Rahula watched the ochre-robed band from his palace's balcony. He asked his mother Yasodhara: “Which of them is my father?
- The Lotus Sutra
- The Lotus Sutra or the Saddharm Pundarik Sutra was taught by Gautama Buddha in the last eight years of his life. The Lotus Sutra is timeless, brimming with wisdom; it could invigorate society and create value for the future.
- THERO SELLS POYA DANAYA
- Pitiduwe Siri Dhamma Thero of Siri Sadaham Ashramaya in Bellantara is once again in the limelight – this time for bringing discredit to Gautama Buddha and His teachings.
- Sri Lanka: the State of Nation and relations with India
- A sapling of the Pipal tree under which Prince Siddharta attained enlightenment as Gautama Buddha in Bodhgaya, was taken to Sri Lanka by Emperor Asoka's daughter. That tree continues to stand in Anuradhapura even today.
Suggested Web Resources
- Gautama Buddha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Siddhārtha Gautama (Sanskrit: सिद्धार्थ गौतम; Pali: Siddhattha Gotama) was a spiritual teacher from ancient India who founded Buddhism.
- The Buddhist World: Gautama Buddha
- Gautama Buddha Siddhartha Gautama, known as the Buddha, was born in the sixth century B.C. in what is now modern Nepal.
- Gautama Siddhattha Buddha
- The title Buddha means Enlightened One or Awakened One. In Bhuddism, the Buddha refers to Siddhattha Gautama. Buddha was born around 565 B.
- Gautama Buddha - Wikiquote
- Jul 6, 2011 Gautama Buddha (c. 563 - c. 483 BC) was a teacher, and religious leader.
- Gautama (Sakyamuni) Buddha. Buddha was born approximately 560 B.C.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Gautama Buddha Topics
Related searchesthebian script
socialism branches of socialism
bohemian rhapsody cover versions
plymouth brethren characteristics
big o notation example
homeostasis properties of homeostasis
meaning of dreams about bread