A selection of articles related to gay etymology.
Original articles from our library related to the Gay Etymology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gay Etymology.
- Weight of the World
- A man and his son were once going with their donkey to market. As they were walking along a countryman passed them and said: "You fools, what is a donkey for, but to ride upon?" So the man put the boy on the donkey and they went on their way. But...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Enochian Hexagram Banishing Ritual
- THE ENOCHIAN HEXAGRAM BANISHING RITUAL: Stand facing North with feet together, left hand at your side and right arm extended and centered with Fire Wand, thumd wand or crystal* upright in front of you. Face the East. Trace a banishing Air Hexagram (yellow),...
Enochian >> Rituals
- Last year I wrote the Hagalaz article while snowed in. Later in the year I somehow managed to get the Nauthiz article written. (Library School is going well, got 3 A's and a B, should be finished by the end of 99, and in the spirit of Wunjo, a moderate "h...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- A View on the Wiccan Rede
- I was listening to radio evangelist Bob Larson talk to a witch on his radio show. The witch mentioned the Wiccan Rede "as you harm none, do as you will." He snorted and ridiculed the idea that such a simple idea could be a legitimate basis for...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- Norse God of Mischief, Trickery. Divine Catalyst, Breaker of Stagnation, Force for change. Giant brother of Odin. Loki wavers between a weal-bringing culture-hero/trickster and a woe-bringing destroyer. He is responsible for getting the gods most of their...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
Gay Etymology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gay Etymology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Why would gay ally Jonah Hill let fly with a slur?
- Jonah Hill is winning points for what appears to be a sincere apology for hurling a gay slur at a paparazzo he says was harassing him.
- Campaign live: Trump lords South Carolina win over rivals as Bush drops out of
- Cruz even mixed a little etymology in with his entomology here in Pahrump, two days before the critical Republican caucus.
- Thumbs up, thumbs down
- Thumbs down to the misinformed people who have hijacked proposed policies meant to protect gay, lesbian and transgender people from discrimination in Brevard County. First, it was the Palm Bay City Council voting 4-1 against a human rights ...
- Boys will be girlz at Brady Street Festival
- There are various versions of the etymology of the term “drag queen. ... “Queen” is thought to refer to the affected royalty of many drag characters, and it might even be a nod to the word “quean,” an archaic label for promiscuous women and gay men.
- “I hope to impart to you the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity.”
- Scalia began his talk by considering the etymology of the word cretin and pointing out that the origins of the word may have derived from the French word for Christian, chretien. And truly, Scalia pointed out, members of Christianity, from ....
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.