A selection of articles related to gay etymology.
Original articles from our library related to the Gay Etymology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gay Etymology.
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Enochian Hexagram Banishing Ritual
- THE ENOCHIAN HEXAGRAM BANISHING RITUAL: Stand facing North with feet together, left hand at your side and right arm extended and centered with Fire Wand, thumd wand or crystal* upright in front of you. Face the East. Trace a banishing Air Hexagram (yellow),...
Enochian >> Rituals
- Weight of the World
- A man and his son were once going with their donkey to market. As they were walking along a countryman passed them and said: "You fools, what is a donkey for, but to ride upon?" So the man put the boy on the donkey and they went on their way. But...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- A View on the Wiccan Rede
- I was listening to radio evangelist Bob Larson talk to a witch on his radio show. The witch mentioned the Wiccan Rede "as you harm none, do as you will." He snorted and ridiculed the idea that such a simple idea could be a legitimate basis for...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- Norse God of Mischief, Trickery. Divine Catalyst, Breaker of Stagnation, Force for change. Giant brother of Odin. Loki wavers between a weal-bringing culture-hero/trickster and a woe-bringing destroyer. He is responsible for getting the gods most of their...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- King James Bible: James, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. 2:2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; 2:3 And...
New Testament >> The Epistle of James
- Dynamics & Bioenergetics Of OBE Sex
- Once the exit out-of-body has been mastered and projectors begin tentatively exploring their new environment, another natural barrier will soon raise its ugly head. As projectors begin expanding their horizons they will soon begin encountering other...
Astral Projection >> Out of Body Experiences
Gay Etymology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gay Etymology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Educator's Guide ThinkB4YouSpeak
- tory and etymology of “gay,” “faggot” and “dyke” (see WHAT'S IN A. WORD?, page 30).
- sooner both are abandoned, the better. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Warren Johansson,.
Suggested Web Resources
- Gay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The German equivalent for gay, schwul, which is etymologically derived from schwuel (hot, humid), also acquired the pejorative meaning within youth culture.
- BACKWARD SPIRAL: GAY ETYMOLOGY
- Jan 12, 2007 GAY ETYMOLOGY.
- An Etymology of Four English Words, with Reference to both
- Another possibility is from German gehen meaning “to go” (“Gay” Etymological), which sounds a bit like gay. In 1310, the word was first described as joyful.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.