- A place or state of torment or suffering. 2. The abode of condemned souls; hell.
- “Gehenna” The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Vol. II
-  ga-hen'-a (gee'nna [see Grimm-Thayer, under the word]): Gehenna is a transliteration from the Aramaic form of the Hebrew ge-hinnom, “valley of Hinnom .
- 1 Sheol and Gehenna
- The term later used for what we might call “Hell” is Gehenna in Greek (e.g., NT) and Gehinnom in Hebrew.
- Gehenna in the Synoptics: Pt. 2
- concept of Gehenna in the Old Testament and the intertestamental period.
- Should I believe in a Jewish hell?
- The Jewish term for hell is Gehinom, which colloquial Yiddish corrupted to Gehenna. The origin of this term is actually Gei Ben Hinom, which means the valley of the son of Hinom.
- Friday Devotional - Hell: No, we don't want to go
- homas notes that the King James version translates the word "Gehenna" as "hell." But Gehenna, he explains, is a place name, referring to a garbage dump on the south side of Jerusalem where child sacrifices had once been carried out.
- Counter culture
- Of course I panicked, but tried to act naturally because I fooled myself into thinking it wasn't my fault – I was merely inching my way out of a yellow box when this motorcyclist from nowhere (Gehenna?) rammed into my vehicle.
- They can't possibly replace me with Gaddafi
- I bet the devil is smiling all the way from Gehenna! The MDC would be given new ammunition to shout out to the world and say, “We told you about this man, Mugabe; look at the company he keeps!
- Roundup: Believers fear losing God
- Call it hell, call it "Gehenna," call it fire and brimstone, weeping and gnashing of teeth. Call it what you will, but it's a hell of a thought. If you believe in God, you do not fear God.
- GEHENNA (Official) | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
- GEHENNA (Official)'s official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
- biblical studies: The Gehenna of Fire
- CONCORDANT STUDIES. THE GEHENNA OF FIRE. THE OLD ENGLISH “hell,” denoted that which is covered (hidden or unseen).
- Official Gehenna Website
- Gehenna saw the light of day already back in 1993 and are one of the original founders of true Norwegian Black Metal.
- Gehenna Page - Tripod
- Aug 3, 1998 The word Gehenna is a Greek word used in the New Testament and often rendered as Hell.
Gehenna is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gehenna books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesrussian serfdom history
altair 8800 history
savanna elephant enemies
jean grey return