Geoffroy De Charney
- If the Turin Shroud is the work of a medieval artist, it's one of the greatest
- Despite the insistence of the conspiracy brigade, there is no known connection between this Geoffrey de Charney (or his son of the same name) and the famous Knight Templar called Geoffrey de Charney, who was preceptor of Normandy and was burned ...
- Turin shroud was made for medieval Easter ritual, historian says
- Leonardo DaVinci made it with a Camera Obscura as a practical joke. Supposedly... That would have beenn quite a trick.
- A stain on history: the burning of Jacques de Molay, Grand Master of the
- The fall of Acre in 1291 was one of the defining battles of the medieval world. As the Mamluks smashed down the city's walls, Christendom's 195-year experiment with crusading crashed into the sea along with the vast blocks of defensive masonry.
- Medieval Knights May Have Had PTSD
- In addition to other documents, Heebøll-Holm focused on three texts written by a 14th-century French knight named Geoffroi de Charny, who was also a diplomat and trusted adviser to King John II. No one knows for sure why Charny wrote the documents, ...
Geoffroy De Charney is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Geoffroy De Charney books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.