A selection of articles related to german folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the German Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on German Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Martin Luther
- Martin Luther was a German theologian, a priest and a monk, a scholar and a writer. He was the leading figure of the Protestant Reformation.
Saga of Times Past >> Biography
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Truth, Lies and the Holocaust
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. -Samuel Butler Over the years, I have heard many tales of tragedy and persecution committed against Neo-Pagans around the country. From folks losing jobs, losing...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
German Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, German Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- TEXAS FOLKLORE AND GERMAN CULTURE by Francis Edward
- TEXAS FOLKLORE AND GERMAN CULTURE by Francis Edward Abernethy. In addition to the herding instinct, a people's folklore is the bond that holds the ...
- Genealogical Resources at the Horner Library
- The German Society of Pennsylvania's Horner Library contains a wealth of materials related to .... Yearbook of the Pennsylvania German Folklore Society: vol.
- Power matters: The politics of culture in German folklore scholarship
- When examining the history of German folklore scholarship, we find a curious hesitation to .... The introduction of a theory of power into German folklore scholar -.
- The German Reply - EDSITEment
- The German Reply. Brockdorff-Rantzau reply memorandum. 15 May 1919.
- Folklore: Some Useful Terminology - EDSITEment
- With the armistice begins the humiliation of Germany. If the Republic on the day of its foundation had appealed to the country: Germans, stand together! Up and ...
Suggested News Resources
- Review: DSSO Chamber music concert devoted to the lush sounds of the winds
- Even in this reduced version we had a real sense of the narrative of famous prankster of German folklore, and I was especially impressed by how the percussion elements were replicated without resorting to any percussion instruments.
- Interesting Scottish places: Fingal's Cave
- Nevertheless, Fingal is not the only historical figure to have been involved with the cave, as in August 1829 German composer Felix Mendelssohn visited the cave with a companion. Accessing the landmark via a paddle-steamer service, Mendelssohn ...
- The Most Iconic BMW Cars Ever Made
- German automotive behemoth BMW celebrated its centenary on Monday and to celebrate this momentous occasion, we decided to dig into its history to trace some of the most iconic Bimmers to have been produced. ...
Suggested Web Resources
- German folklore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- German folklore is the folk tradition which has developed in Germany over a number of centuries. It shares many characteristics with Scandinavian folklore and ...
- Category:German folklore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "German folklore". The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Category:German legendary creatures - Wikipedia, the free
- Creatures found in the legends and folktales of Germany. ... German folklore · Germanic legendary creatures · Germanic mythology · European legendary ...
- The Local List: German myths and legends The Local
- The Morbach Monster Legend has it that Morbach, Rhineland-Palatinate was the last place a werewolf was killed. A single candle still burns in the village as a ...
- TRACING GERMANY'S FOLKLORE TRAIL - NYTimes.com
- Sep 29, 1985 Germany at its most nostalgic is a land of legends, myths and folklore - Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, Hansel and Gretel, ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
German Folklore Topics
kalam cosmological argument
march 29 births
egg white denaturation
club of rome criticism