A selection of articles related to german name.
Original articles from our library related to the German Name. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on German Name.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Derivation of "Jesus Christ" and "Jehovah"
- <Xian poster> Jesus Christ, Jehovah, Yahweh, etc. anyway you say it, it means the same. <Ravens response> Actually, no they dont. "Jehovah" is using the German phonetics where J=Y ("jahwohl"="yavoll"), and...
Religions >> Christianity
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 1:3...
New Testament >> Luke
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
German Name is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, German Name books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Part III. Anglicized German Names
- by Richard Newhouse. Part III. Anglicized German Names.
- The German Name Authority File (PND) in the Union Catalogue
- The German Name Authority File (PND) in the Union Catalogue: principles experiences and costs. Gabriele Meßmer. Bayerische Staatsbibliothek.
- Polish Town/Village … German Name
- Polish Town/Village … pre-1939 German Name. Bielawy. Bielawe.
Suggested News Resources
- Global Warming Behind Somali Drought
- warm and cold water and air, and dislocate the humidity conditions across the southern hemisphere," Friedrich-Wilhelm Gerstengarbe, senior scientist at the German Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK, after its German name), told IPS.
- Jurgen Klinsmann Introduced As New United States National Team Coach
- The first thing we learned at the press conference to introduce Jurgen Klinsmann as the new United States manager is how to spell the German's name. It's not Juergen or even Jürgen. It's simply Jurgen.
- Brewer loses bid to trademark name
- It made the application to the Intellectual Properties Office after being frustrated by the decision confirming DB Breweries' right to trademark the term Radler – the traditional German name for a style of beer also known in New Zealand as a shandy.
- Lancaster veteran who saw off Nazis loses battle to stop street being named
- Laurie Harrison, Labour leader of the council, branded Mr Crossley 'one of the clowns of the village' for opposing the German name.
- US hasn't always feared other tongues
- You might think Hackensack in New Jersey is a German name, but it's Native American, too. So is Muncie, in Indiana. There is hardly a more iconic American image than a cowboy from Cheyenne, but the town name is a French spelling of an Indian word.
Suggested Web Resources
- Behind the Name: German Names
- The names listed here are used in Germany and other German-speaking areas such as Austria and Switzerland. See also about German names.
- German name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- German names consist of one or several Vornamen (forenames) and a Nachname (Familienname, family name). The Vorname is usually gender- specific.
- German baby names / German names / German baby girl and boy
- Browse German baby names and meanings. Each list of German names can be sorted by German baby girl names or German baby boy names.
- German Last Names - German Surnames Meanings - Nachnamen
- About German names - first, last, and geographic. Part Two of a three-part feature deals with German surnames.
- What's Your German Name?
- What would your name be if you were German? What's Your German Name? What is your name?
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
German Name Topics
Related searchessanskrit european scholarship
the crusades crusade legacy
springfield illinois geography
dream symbol water snakes