A selection of articles related to german phonetics.
Original articles from our library related to the German Phonetics. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on German Phonetics.
- Martin Luther
- Martin Luther was a German theologian, a priest and a monk, a scholar and a writer. He was the leading figure of the Protestant Reformation.
Saga of Times Past >> Biography
- Truth, Lies and the Holocaust
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. -Samuel Butler Over the years, I have heard many tales of tragedy and persecution committed against Neo-Pagans around the country. From folks losing jobs, losing...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Derivation of "Jesus Christ" and "Jehovah"
- <Xian poster> Jesus Christ, Jehovah, Yahweh, etc. anyway you say it, it means the same. <Ravens response> Actually, no they dont. "Jehovah" is using the German phonetics where J=Y ("jahwohl"="yavoll"), and...
Religions >> Christianity
- Son of Njord, twin brother of Freya. "Frey" is a title simply meaning "Lord"; his original name was apparently some form of Yngvi/Ing. Together with Thor, Frey was one of the best-loved gods of the Viking Age. Frey was the main god of...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Raidho, the "r-rune", is the fifth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. The Old English Rune Poem, Old Norse Rune Rhyme and Old Icelandic Rune Poem all refer to horses in their verses on Raidho. Horses are how people got around back then,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Welcome to the Perthro column of Rune-of-the-Month Club. Perthro is the Rune for the sound represented by the Roman letter “P.” This is the sixth Rune of the second Aett, hence the fourteenth Rune, so we are moving right along! Perthro is the reconstructed...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
German Phonetics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, German Phonetics books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- GER 3780 German Phonetics
- GER 3780 German Phonetics. Instructor's Contact Information: Dr. Birgit Maier- Katkin.
- Phonetics or Phonology: Asymmetries in Loanword Adaptations
- ZAS Papers in Linguistics 42, 2005: 117 – 135. Phonetics or Phonology: Asymmetries in Loanword.
- AUTOMATIC PHONETIC TRANSCRIPTION OF NON−PROMPTED
- prompted or even spontaneous German during the last 5 years ended in results that often differ from our text book knowledge of German phonetics.
- Learning German phonetics: the bilingual educational approach
- Learning German phonetics: the bilingual educational approach. FEDERICA MISSAGLIA.
- Phonetic Variation and Phonological Theory: German Fricative Voicing
- Phonetic Variation and Phonological Theory: German Fricative Voicing. Jill Beckman1, Michael Jessen2, and Catherine Ringen1.
Suggested News Resources
- Paul Gordon: English language ordinance brings nothing new
- It is believed the clerk of the court recorded the German phonetics as the words were said. The earliest settlers of Frederick County generally were of English origin, settling in the southern part of the county.
Suggested Web Resources
- German Phonetic Alphabet
- Feb 1, 2000 Welcome to the German Phonetic Alphabet (GPA) website.
- Phonetics: The Sounds of English and Spanish - The University of
- This site contains FLASH animated libraries of the phonetic sounds of Spanish and English.
- German Phonetic Spelling Chart - A wie Anton - Funkalphabet
- A chart for the German phonetic alphabet for spelling words on the phone or in radio communication.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
German Phonetics Topics
Related searchesoffer and acceptance acceptance
nair some nair customs and traditions
monotheism in taoism
sonipat district history