A selection of articles related to germans.
Original articles from our library related to the Germans. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Germans.
- Welcome to the Rune-of-the-Month Club! Ingwaz is the sixth rune of the third aett, and the twenty-second rune of the Elder Futhark as a whole. Its sound is that of the English “ng.” Like Thurisaz, it represents a sound written by two letters in the Roman...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Asatru, an Ancient Religion Reborn
- "Asatru" (often known as "Heathenism," "Germanic Paganism," "Elder Troth," and other names) means "faith in the Aesir", which are the Gods of pre-Christian Scandinavia. The other Germanic peoples (Goths,...
Religions >> Asatru
- Tantric Mystery Dances
- An endless row of small figures zigzags up the mountain in a snow-white Indian winter landscape. The Buddhist monastery of Likir in northern India lies on a Himalayan top and forms a colorful mandala in the midst of a virginal white world. I feel like a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- That Mysterious Mistletoe
- Hang a bunch of Mistletoe on the ceiling for that’s a permit to kiss the man or woman who stands under it, and next gently seduce your chosen one into the direction of your bunch of strange lightgreen twigs with sticky white berries. They say this will lead...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary M
- Holy Oak
- The majesty of the Oak has been recognized by many cultures. The Celts, the Germanic and Nordic tribes, and the ancient Greeks all attributed this tree to their main god. To them the Oak represented power, protection and durability. The fiery Oak has strong...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary O
- Mannaz is the fourth rune of the third aett. Its name is the reconstructed Common germanic for “man” in the sense of “human being.” Although it follows closely after Berkano, a very female rune, Ingwaz is Berkano’s polar opposite in terms of matters of gender....
Divination >> Rune Stones
Germans is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Germans books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Expulsion of the 'German' Communities from Eastern Europe at
- Chapter 1: Piotr Pykel: The Expulsion of the Germans from Czechoslovakia.
- GERMANS AMERICA
- Germans in America, Program 1: Into the Promised Land Sometimes whole German villages packed up and immigrated to the United States.
- Renate Holub 1 Hannah Arendt Not Among the Germans
- Article by Renate Holub (University of Berkeley) on the philosopher's "intellectual fields" and "fields of knowledge".
Suggested News Resources
- Buffett, Bettencourt, Now the Germans Are Calling for Higher Taxes
- Now we've got a group of Germans insisting that they too should be taxed more. However, there's quite a difference between the French and German proposals. The French ones were that there should be a further 3% tax on incomes over €500000 a year.
- Crossing the 20 Percent Mark: Green Energy Use Jumps in Germany
- During the first half of 2011, the share of renewable energy sources used by Germans in their total energy mix grew to one-fifth -- a hefty boost over 2010. It's a small step toward Germany's ambition to phase out nuclear power.
- RPT-UPDATE 2-ECB buys fewer bonds, Trichet rebukes governments
- The ECB resumed its purchases following a 19-week pause in the programme, despite opposition from a four-man group on its policymaking Governing Council, led by Germans Jens Weidmann and Juergen Stark.
- 13 Ways The Euro Can Implode
- Until decisive action (especially by the Germans) is taken, this will hang like a dark clout over the markets capping the upside, since there are numerous ways in which this can badly unravel.
Suggested Web Resources
- Germans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Germans (Deutsche) are a Germanic ethnic group native to Central Europe.
- Immigration: The Germans
- The Germans.
- GERMANS | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
- GERMANS's official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
- Germany - German Culture, Customs and Business Etiquette
- Guide to German culture, society ,language, etiquette, customs, manners and protocol.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.