A selection of articles related to germany.
Original articles from our library related to the Germany. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Germany.
- Truth, Lies and the Holocaust
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. -Samuel Butler Over the years, I have heard many tales of tragedy and persecution committed against Neo-Pagans around the country. From folks losing jobs, losing...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Chamomile: The Healer
- Chamomile is one of the oldest favorites amongst garden herbs and its reputation as a medicinal plant shows little signs of abatement. The Egyptians reverenced it for its virtues, and from their belief in its power to cure ague, dedicated it to their gods. No...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Sweet Woodruff
- Botanical Name(s): Asperula odorata , Galium odoratum Species: Rubiaceae Also known as: Woodruff; 'Musk of the Woods' (french), Ladies-in-the-Hay (English), Sweet Grass (English), Waldmeister (German - meaning 'Master of the Wood') Description: Smooth; erect...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary S
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Germany is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Germany books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Germany's Promotion of Renewable Technologies . .
- European Observatory on Health Care Systems. Germany. Page 2.
- Photovoltaic Solar Resource : United States and Germany
- The data for Alaska are derived from a 40-km satellite and surface cloud cover database for the period 1985-1991 (NREL, 2003).
Suggested News Resources
- Rescue Fund Hits Snags in Germany and Finland
- 29 because some lawmakers want to participate in events surrounding Pope Benedict XVI's visit to Germany Sept. 22 to Sept. 25, said Michael Meister, deputy parliamentary leader of Ms.
- Kosovan on trial in Germany for shooting US airmen
- 1 of 2. Arid Uka (L) talks with his lawyer Michaela Roth as he arrives for the start of his trial at the higher regional court in Frankfurt August 31, 2011.
- Philipp Lahm will remain Germany captain - Joachim Low
- In the book, the full-back criticises previous coaches and his comments on Rudi Voller were received with offence, and the ex-Germany coach returned fire by claiming Lahm was "lacking decency".
- Lagarde's Call to Raise European Bank Capital Is Snubbed by Germany, Spain
- (Source: Bloomberg) Germany, Spain and the European Union rebuffed International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde's call for an “urgent,” potentially mandatory, recapitalization of Europe's banks.
- Germany's power giants must join green revolution or risk extinction
- Above, Eon's nuclear power plant in Germany. AP Photo Eon, Europe's largest power company, was caught off guard by the German government's headlong exit from nuclear power.
Suggested Web Resources
- Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Song of the Germans. Location of Germany (dark green)– in Europe (green & dark grey). Location of Germany (dark green).
- CIA The World Factbook Germany - CIA - The World Factbook
- Aug 29, 2011 Features a map and brief descriptions of geography, economy, government, and people.
- Facts about the land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, foreign relations of Germany.
- Germany News - Breaking World Germany News - The New York
- 23 minutes ago World news about Germany. Breaking news and archival information about its people, politics and economy from The New York Times.