- Greater Morristown Weekend Preview: Sidewalk Shakespeare, NJSO at Giralda
- Classically trained Indian musicians Yash and Kunj Parmer perform sitar and tabla arrangements and discuss the musical traditions of Maihar Gharana and Lucknow Ghrana, at 1 pm in the Bickford Theatre, 6 Normandy Heights Road, Morris Township.
- All Pakistan Music Conference kicks off at Lahore Arts Council
- In the second performance, Ali Hafeez Khan and Libraiz Afzal Khan of Talwandi ghrana presented raag Dhrupad, which is believed to be the oldest existing form of raag in North Indian classical music. The Talwandi family from Punjab is considered among ...
- Soulful flute recital, dazzling kathak dances spelt magic at Tagore Theatre
- Carrying forward the melodic splendor of the opening day of the 45th Pracheen Kala Kendra Nriya and Sangeet Sammelan, Kirana ghrana flute maestro Ravinder Singh, with his blowing technique and breath control, gave a soulful recital of 'raag' Kirwani on ...
- Remembering MF Husain: Was India deserving of a genuis like him?
- While traveling through Barcelona last year, I paid a visit to The Museu Picasso, which is Pablo Picasso's biggest museum in the world.
- A voice that woos gods
- Nacha Shrotra Jihve Na Cha Ghrana Netre Nacha Vyoma Bhoomir Na Tejo Na Vayu Chidananda Roopah, shivoham shivoham...” There was no more conversation after that. Pandit Jasraj lapsed into silence.
Ghrana is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ghrana books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.