A selection of articles related to gift.
Original articles from our library related to the Gift. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gift.
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Today we'll consider Gebo, the seventh rune in the first aett. We're now almost a third of the way through the futhark! An alternative Common Germanic name for this rune is Gybu. Derivations of both names show up in later Germanic languages, such as Gothic (Gi...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: Romans, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in...
New Testament >> Epistle to the Romans
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Welcome to the Perthro column of Rune-of-the-Month Club. Perthro is the Rune for the sound represented by the Roman letter “P.” This is the sixth Rune of the second Aett, hence the fourteenth Rune, so we are moving right along! Perthro is the reconstructed...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Gift is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gift books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- There's no easy solution when it comes to 'awful' gift-giving
- Dear Carolyn: My mother AND mother-in-law are both awful at gift-giving, for me, my children and my husband.
- Airport booting gift shop
- JoAnn Smith, who has had a gift shop at the Grand Junction airport for 46 years, arranges necklaces at her shop. The airport board has ended its relationship with Smith and has awarded the shop to another concessionaire.
- University of Chicago gets $35 million gift for new urban institute
- The University of Chicago will establish a new think tank devoted to researching urban issues, thanks to a $35 million gift by the head of a major investment research firm. U. of C.
- Giving the gift of outdoor experience
- Gift-giving advice isn't hard to come by in 21st-century America. All manner of merchandisers flood our information streams with stuff they claim — if we'd only purchase it — will make the recipient happy.
- Gassen: George Martin's gift
- The billionaire can make Rubio and Cruz appear more reasonable. They're not. Read more.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.