A selection of articles related to ginger rhizome.
Original articles from our library related to the Ginger Rhizome. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ginger Rhizome.
- The healing heat of Ginger
- My first amazing experience with the healing power of Ginger was during a fasting week I assisted as a student. A bit nervous I applied slices of fresh cut Ginger on the lower back area of my teacher-naturopath, since she was suffering from back-ache since...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
- Ginger: Correspondences
- Zingiber officinalis Folk Names: African Ginger Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire Deity: Power: Love, Money, Success, Power...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
- Have a Cuppa? [About Herbal Teas]
- Through the ages, long before modern doctors prescribed a wonder drug to help us with almost every ailment, it was the witches, shamans and priests before them, that brewed up the various drinks, ointments and poultices that have kept the human race...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Candle Success
- You need: Orange candle, Ground ginger, Ground cinnamon, Ground All spice, Cinnamon oil, Business card or something representing your business. Combine the ginger, cinnamon and all spice together visualising your business being successful. Anoint the candle...
Spells >> Candle Magick
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Valerian Root, All About
- True Wild Valerian Root, Valeriana officinalis The name "Valerian" is derived from the Latin valere , which means "to be strong" and refers to both the health benefits of the plant as well as its distinct odor. The plant was known as "...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary V
Ginger Rhizome is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ginger Rhizome books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Ask Eric: Ginger versus galangal in Thai cuisine
- Ginger is the fragrant, knobby rhizome — underground stem — of a perennial herb that's part of the Zingiberaceae family. It's officially known as Zingiber officinale.
- This week's recipe ideas from Michelle Darmody all include fresh ginger
- Technically ginger is a rhizome rather than a root as it is more often called. A rhizome is a hefty horizontal stem of a plant, usually found underground, and often branching out shoots from its nodes.
- It's a snap to grow edible gingers
- We would get a cutting here, a rhizome there, some seeds or seedlings somewhere else. We often had little understanding of what the mature plant would look like, or how hardy or dependable it would be.
- SRC begins project to eliminate Rhizome Rot in ginger
- KINGSTON, Jamaica (JIS) – The Scientific Research Council (SRC), in partnership with the International Atomic Energy Agency, has started a breeding programme using radiation to modify the genes of ginger affected by the Rhizome Rot. Executive Director ...
- The greenskeeper: Find the goodness of Canna
- Recent research has shown that the ginger-like rhizomes (modified stem-roots) of the Canna contain vast reserves of carbohydrates. Rhizomes of the non-ornamental cultivars have in fact been used as food sources in the Americas for centuries. The fibre ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.