A selection of articles related to glacial ice.
Original articles from our library related to the Glacial Ice. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Glacial Ice.
- Last year I wrote the Hagalaz article while snowed in. Later in the year I somehow managed to get the Nauthiz article written. (Library School is going well, got 3 A's and a B, should be finished by the end of 99, and in the spirit of Wunjo, a moderate "h...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- I can't believe I'm now starting on the Second Aett of the Elder Futhark. Time is indeed flying by! Looks like this is a highly auspicious, or at least a very fitting time for me to write this article! While Hagalaz literally means "hail" as in ice...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Human Evolution
- The first hominids evolved some 3 or 4 million years ago, and so we have only limited means of determining how they evolved. Although human evolution is an important phase of the history of religion, the evolution of humans in itself is more a matter of...
Saga of Times Past >> Archaeology
- After Midnight: A True Ghost Story
- The nervous chatter of the tourists echoed through the musty catacombs of the ancient city of Edinburgh. If I lingered behind the crowd, would that improve my chances of seeing a ghost? Or perhaps any spectral visitor would be put off by the unstable energies...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 4
- THE TRANSFORMATION OF CATERPILLAR TO BUTTERFLY It is not difficult to see that the whole Agenda behind owning a bigger home, a newer car and more land is one of ego. This is an orientation toward the building of an empire of material wealth, in a vain...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- The Littlest Truth
- One bright morning, when I was young, I went looking for Truth. I found the truth of the moment, fiery hot with Conviction, lurking around every corner. As Time passed by I found the truth of today, the truth of yesterday, and the ever glittering truth of...
Poetry & Fable >> Fables
Glacial Ice is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Glacial Ice books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Are glacial ice streams contributing to the rise of ocean levels?
- A new study of an ancient ice sheet shows that even as the Earth warmed, the amount of ice lost through its ice streams decreased, which could mean ice streams pose less of a threat to ocean level rise than was previously thought.
- Tourists on Thin Ice in Glacial Lagoon
- The event happened at the Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon, a popular destination in southeast Iceland and the terminus of the Breiðamerkurjökull glacier.
- Patagonian Ice Bridge Collapses in Spectacular Fashion
- An arched section of the Perito Moreno Glacier collapsed in front of thousands of awe struck spectators in Argentina earlier today. Some 3,000 tourists had gathered at the site in anticipation of the collapse. The Perito Moreno Glacier, a UNESCO World ...
- The National Building Museum is turning into a glacial underwater world this
- Cue the "Titanic" jokes. The National Building Museum has announced its summer installation design for 2016, and the icy concept by James Corner Field Operations sounds like the complete opposite of last year's coin-guzzling ball pit, "The Beach.".
- 'Elgin Under Ice' examines glacial history
- Peggy Stromberg said she had been considering the Elgin Under Ice exhibit for a long time. She also would like the museum to one day host an exhibit looking at when Elgin was under water. "It takes a look at a place you know and shows how the glacier ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.