A selection of articles related to gluttony.
Original articles from our library related to the Gluttony. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gluttony.
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- According to the writings of the monk, the seven sins were: gastrimargia; porneia; philargyria; lupē: orgē; akedia; kenodoxia; and hyperephania which when translated to Latin for Roman Catholicism are as follows:
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The next Sephirah is Tiphareth. It is represented by the Sixes, Wands:Victory, Cups:Joy, Swords:Earned Success, Pentacles:Material Success. The sixth path is called the Mediating Intelligence and serves to equilibriate the lower six Sephiroth leading down...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Gluttony is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gluttony books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Obesity in Britain: gluttony or sloth?
- and that obesity is caused by simple gluttony. There is evidence that a high fat diet Should obesity be blamed on gluttony, sloth or both?
- Gluttony, Arrogance, Greed, and Apathy: An Exploration of
- bling as vices, and of character traits such as greed and gluttony as vices.
- Repatriation Gluttony — Was It Worth It?
- Repatriation Gluttony — Was It. Worth It? by Lisa M.
- “For Knowledge Is As Food”: Digesting Gluttony and Temperance in
- gluttony, expands the philosophical implications of. Raphael's analogy comparing knowledge to food in Book. Seven.
Suggested News Resources
- England satisfy their gluttony in partnership of equals against India
- In such an age of run-making gluttony Pietersen was feeling blissful. He had made 175, his 19th hundred for England and fourth on the ground where he shot to prominence with a maiden century against Australia six years earlier.
- Quest to Be World's 'Fattest' Woman True Gluttony
- COMMENTARY | In the context of the images of skeletal children coming from Somalia, Susanne Eman's attempt to become the "fattest" woman in the world embraces gluttony at its worst.
- Student pained by act of gluttony
- This summer my friend Luke created a masterpiece; a sandwich containing two fried eggs, American cheese and buttered toast. Living on campus meant there wasn't much food to spare, but nevertheless, I foolishly tried to one-up him.
- Beat Gluttony with Gullibility
- Eating-behavior expert Brian Wansink offers tips on fooling yourself into eating less. Katherine Harmon reports Our eyes are bigger than our stomachs. And visual perception plays a big fat role in eating—often without our realizing it.
- New York Fringe Festival Report: 'Le Gourmand, or Gluttony!'
- The peeling ceiling of the Connelly Theater adds decadent texture to “Le Gourmand, or Gluttony!,” a fanciful operetta about the 18th- and 19th-century food critic Grimod de la Reynière, from the troupe 3 Sticks.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Sin of Gluttony
- Medieval theologian Thomas Aquinas said of Gluttony: "Gluttony denotes, not any desire of eating and drinking, but an inordinate desire...
- Seven Deadly Sins - Gluttony
- The chief error about Gluttony is to think it only pertains to food. Some people can 't have enough toys, television, entertainment, sex, or company.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Gluttony
- Gluttony. GET THE CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA ON CD-ROM. This entire website is available on CD-ROM.
- Are You A Glutton? - Beliefnet.com
- Overeating is the easiest route to gluttony, but not the only way. Take a quiz to find out if you're over-consuming.
Related searcheslist of programs broadcast by abc
ed example session
clara barton religious beliefs