A selection of articles related to glycemic index.
Original articles from our library related to the Glycemic Index. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Glycemic Index.
- Casting and Closing a Cricle
- Casting the Circle | Closing the Circle | Casting the Celtic Circle There are many, many ways of casting and closing the Circle. Here is one that I find very complete. Make sure you choose the deity/angel/spirit you invoke carefully. You don't want to call an...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The Paths of the Qabalah
- I must confess, I've been trying to use the book "The Talking Tree" by William Gray and I admit that I've been having a hard time. Most Tree of Life glyphs start the eleventh path with the Fool, as it is with most tarot decks. Gray begins with the...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Meditation, Felling and Group Mind (GM3)
- The main reason why the modern person usually assumes they have little to no psychic sensitivity, is because they are not in touch with their feelings. The second most prevalent reason for this attitude, is due to our training in the modern paradigm. In...
Mind >> Meditation
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Raising the World Mind (GM10-11)
- Part 1 | Part 2 Part 1 The wise live in accord with natural laws. It is they who understand that the laws of nature are much higher than the laws of man, because breaking them implies penalties far greater than a fine or prison sentence. When a person...
Mind >> World Mind
- Palm Reading
- There are palm readers who claim the they could foretell the future and in way forewarn the individual. Palm reading is also known as chirology.
Divination >> Palmistry
- The Perpetual Raising: Part 2
- (Part 2 of 5) Every cubic inch of the body constantly radiates our internal state of being to the environment. In return, each one also unceasingly receives psychic inputs, (feelings, thoughts, Intentions, the general state of consciousness of others, etc.)...
Mind >> World Mind
Glycemic Index is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Glycemic Index books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- White bread and other high glycemic index foods linked to lung cancer risk
- TEXAS, United States, Wednesday March 9, 2016 – Eating foods with a high glycemic index has been linked to an increased risk of developing lung cancer, according to a new epidemiologic study from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Glycemic Index Influences Lung Cancer Risk
- The researchers assigned foods a glycemic index value – a medical measure of carbohydrate intake and glucose (or sugar) levels. This measurement is determined by how fast and to what extent carbohydrates cause blood glucose levels to rise after eating.
- Will a Low Glycemic Index Diet Help Lose Weight?
- A: A food's glycemic index (GI) refers to how it affects blood sugars shortly after it is eaten.
- Olive oil blunts postprandial glucose response to high glycemic index meals
- Participants were allocated by coin toss to a 1-week period of consuming either three meals with high glycemic index or three meals with low glycemic index, followed by a crossover to the alternate regimen for an additional week.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.