- Patent Picks: Mosquito-control technologies
- They found that a 1:1 mixture of sucrose with glycyrrhizin was the most effective, with the sucrose attracting hungry insects and glycyrrhizin killing them through an unknown mechanism.
- Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (DGL): Gut Benefits and Beyond
- We know now that the glycyrrhizin in licorice root can cause issues with hypertension, edema, and possibly effect a hormonal component of our renal regulation called aldosterone regulation.
- Common Food And Drug Combinations To Avoid
- When we're prescribed a medication, we assume that we'll take it, and then get better. Often it doesn't work like that. So much interacts with medicine that we rarely think about — and we're not just talking about alcohol.
- Why Superherbs Are the New Superfood to Know in 2016
- Probably the most timely of the bunch, licorice root is the MVP of immune-boosting superherbs thanks to a substance called glycyrrhizin. “Glycyrrhizin has been shown to be effective against various flu viruses,” Holmes said.
Glycyrrhizin is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Glycyrrhizin books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.