A selection of articles related to gobi desert.
Original articles from our library related to the Gobi Desert. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gobi Desert.
- Desert Rose
- A gypsum. Lt. brown. Gently grounding; clarifies thinking and mental vision, perception. Quiets worry, brings out practicality. (Related to Selenite) The spirit of these Selenite clusters send the message to stop, take time for self, smell the roses, find...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- The Rainmaker's Apprentice
- Once a Rainmaker and her new apprentice were traveling through the forest. When they stopped at a stream to fill their canteens, the apprentice asked the Rainmaker if she could call the rain. "Well," said the Rainmaker, as she looked about them at...
Poetry & Fable >> Fables
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him. 6:2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. 9:3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 At that time Herod the tetrarch heard of the fame of Jesus, 14:2 And said unto his servants, This is John the Baptist; he is risen from the dead; and therefore mighty works do show forth themselves in him. 14:3 For Herod had laid hold on John,...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 4:2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered. 4:3 And...
New Testament >> Luke
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Gobi Desert is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gobi Desert books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ULTRA MARATHON CHALLENGE 250 KM GOBI DESERT
- obstacles to overcome.
- The Digital Divide in the Gobi Desert: spatiality, the national identity
- The Internet reached the Gobi desert in 1999, mostly in the form of geo-spatial notion of local vs. global in remote areas like the Gobi desert in rural. Mongolia.
- Gobi Desert Overland Expedition Tours in Mongolia and 4 X 4 Tours
- through the Middle Gobi steppe to the real desert of South Gobi province. at the end of each day, since the Gobi Desert is often a hot, dusty and windy place.
- GWPMong. doc
- Open and distance learning in the Gobi Desert: non-formal education for (the Gobi Women's Project for 15000 nomadic women in the Gobi Desert).
Suggested News Resources
- Abu Dhabi helps Mongolian falcon revival
- Courtesy Andrew Dixon BAYAN SOUM, MONGOLIA // On the road south to the Gobi desert, Gankhuyag Purev-Ochir cuts a left on to a spider web of dirt roads. Whistling along to an Abba song, he scans the steppes for nests, binoculars at the ready.
- Country profile: Mongolia
- (CNN) -- From sweeping grasslands to the desolate Gobi desert, Mongolia's dramatic landscape lends itself to the idea that it is one of the world's last frontiers.
- Robert set for desert trek
- Robert is pictured in hiking kit during a 26-mile training walk on the Isle of Wight as he prepares to take part in the Gobi Desert Challenge next month.
- US Vice President Joe Biden
- Last month it picked US mining giant Peabody Energy, China's Shenhua Group and a Russian-Mongolian consortium to jointly develop the Tavan Tolgoi coking coal deposit in the Gobi Desert.
Suggested Web Resources
- Gobi Desert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Gobi (Mongolian: Говь, Govi, "semidesert"; Chinese: 戈壁; pinyin: Gēbì) is a large desert region in Asia.
- Gobi Desert - Mongolia
- The Gobi desert, one of the world's great deserts, covers much of the southern part of Mongolia.
- Gobi Desert
- May 18, 2011 Information on the Gobi Desert with topics like people, plants, animals, and climate. Inlcudes videos and pictures.
- Gobi Wildlife
- The desert holds such animals as the gobi bear, ibex and the black-tailed gazelle .