A selection of articles related to god amun.
Original articles from our library related to the God Amun. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on God Amun.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and...
Old Testament >> Genesis
God Amun is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, God Amun books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- EA 164 and the God Amun
- EA 164 and the God Amun. Author(s): José M. Galán.
- MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS
- No. 283. Fig.
- The Daily Ritual
- Next, he approached the shrine holding the cult statue of the god Amun.
- A visit to the Amun Temple of Karnak
- For the ancient Egyptians, a temple was the house of a god.
Suggested News Resources
- The Avenue of Sphinxes is to be inaugurated in October
- According to this record Hatshepsut built six chapels dedicated to the god Amun-Re on the route of the avenue during her reign, which emphasises that it was long a place of religious significance.
Suggested Web Resources
- Egypt: The God Amun and Amun-Re
- Aug 4, 2011 Some assume that Amun (Amen, Amon) was a relatively modern god within the context of ancient Egyptian religion.
- Egyptian God-Amun
- Attributes: Early, a god of air and wind. Later, a fertility god. The Creator of all things.
- Amun the God . Amenmesse (Moses) . Amun the Ram, Title, The Hidden One King of the gods.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.