A selection of articles related to god dionysus.
Original articles from our library related to the God Dionysus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on God Dionysus.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
God Dionysus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, God Dionysus books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A STRANGER COMES TO THEBES
- worships a new god, Dionysus, the son of the god Zeus and a mortal woman, Semele. Semele was Pentheus' aunt, the sister of his mother.
- Greek Tragedy
- rites of the god Dionysus were imported into many Greek cities from the East ( Asia Minor).
- King Midas and his Golden Touch
- friend of the god Dionysus. Instead of sending Silenus away King Midas invited him to stay and enjoy his hospitality.
Suggested News Resources
- New evidence on how the ancient Romans might have crucified Jesus emerges
- To support his argument, Meissner refers to the well known image of the god Dionysus hanging on a votive cross or tropaeum (see image above) in a position identical with that in which the Christian church came to represent Jesus.
- Miró, Van Gogh and Tate St Ives – the week in art
- The wine god Dionysus reclines to watch the rising of the sun's chariot in the mythological representation of day and night that ancient Athenian sculptors carved on their city's greatest temple.
Suggested Web Resources
- Dionysus - Who Is the Greek God Dionysus
- Dionysus is the god of wine and drunken revelry in Greek mythology. He is a patron of the theater and an agricultural/fertility god.
- Dionysus is the son of Zeus and Semele. He is the only god to have a mortal parent. Zeus came to Semele in the night, invisable, felt only as a devine presence.
- Mar 3, 1997 On the one hand, Dionysus was the god of wine, agriculture, and fertility of nature , who is also the patron god of the Greek stage. On the oth...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.