God In Buddhism
A selection of articles related to god in buddhism.
Original articles from our library related to the God In Buddhism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on God In Buddhism.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and...
Old Testament >> Genesis
God In Buddhism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, God In Buddhism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- GOD IN BUDDHISM
- GOD IN BUDDHISM. By The Rev. Dr Ian Ellis-Jones.
- Gods and the Universe in Buddhist Perspective
- Gods and the Universe in Buddhist Perspective. Essays on Buddhist Cosmology and related subjects by. Francis Story.
- The Eastern Orthodox Theology and Buddhism ―Deification and
- in the eastern theology, and then, the concept of nirvåˆa in Buddhism.
- 218. Thurston, Bonnie Bowman
- What have, unfortunately, been the abstract ideas of emptiness in.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions 1. Do Buddhists believe in God
- 1. Do Buddhists believe in God? It depends on what you mean by God.
Suggested News Resources
- Evaluating religion
- Christians are taught they can be saved by making confessions before God, and therefore they should live a life resistant of sin or else will not be well prepared when facing God.
Suggested Web Resources
- God in Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The refutation of the notion of a supreme God or a prime mover is seen as a key distinction between Buddhism and other religions.
- Do Buddhists Believe in God?
- Do Buddhists Believe in God? -- by Kusala Bhikshu (A talk given at a high school in Los Angeles.) Photo - Bob Heide.
- Buddha, Buddhism and God
- Do Buddhist believe in a Creator-God? Buddhists believe that there are beings that inhabit the various celestial realms.
- God in Buddhism,Concept of God in Buddhism,Buddhism And
- God in Buddhism offers info on concept of god in buddhism,buddhism belief in god. Know whether the Buddhist community believe in god or not.
- Lama Surya Das responds: If There's No God in Buddhism, Are
- Q: Is there a God in Buddhism? I read in a book by the pope that Buddhism is atheistic and life-denying.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.