A selection of articles related to god parents.
Original articles from our library related to the God Parents. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on God Parents.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and...
Old Testament >> Genesis
God Parents is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, God Parents books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- WHAT IS A GODPARENT
- Methodist Book of Worship says that godparents should be chosen carefully Church, we want to share with you our understanding of the role of godparents.
- Godparents: Helping Parents Fulfill Their. Duty as Christian Mothers and Fathers. SS.
- choosing godparents.p65
- Part of the excitement in having your baby baptized is choosing godparents or In various cultures, the role of godparents has taken on many different looks.
- Images of God, Parents and Self in Substance Abuse Recovery
- and negative God and self images. The other half reported no childhood abuse and a range of God, parent and self images.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR GODPARENTS FOR YOUR CHILD As stqted
- REQUIREMENTS FOR GODPARENTS FOR YOUR CHILD. As stqted in Cunon 874 und required by the Diocese of Austin. Must be at least 16 years of age.
Suggested News Resources
- Is there a way to legalize godparents?
- I'm not sure of any legal rights godparents have. If you are asking if you can nominate someone to take care of your kids in the event of your death, that answer is yes. Simply have that provision put in your will.
- I'm an atheist. Is that a problem?
- Being asked to be a godparent is an honour. But what does the job actually involve in a society that is increasingly secular? What if you're not religious – should an atheist just say no?
- Man accused of stabbing wife to death in Wenatchee
- Officers arrested 40-year-old Sebastian Cortes-Aguilar for investigation of murder and assault. His wife, 38-year-old Ortencia Arroyo Alehandre, was declared dead at the scene.
- Cracking the godparent code
- My children have very special godparents who serve that role for them. This summer, we've had several readers submit stories about the way the media use the term godparent.
- Heloise: A gift of a thank-you
- By HELOISE, KING FEATURES SYNDICATE My husband and I have become godparents. Every birthday and Christmas, we remember these children with cards and gifts, but never receive any kind of acknowledgment that they were even received.
Suggested Web Resources
- What Are Godparents?
- The Godparents are generally composed of both a female and male member, not necessarily from the same couple.
- Role of godparents - Families.com
- Can someone explain the role of godparents to me? I think it is a neat idea, but I also don't really understand their role in the child's life.
- Choosing the Best Godparents and Understanding Their Roles and
- After a child's baptism, where, oh where do the godparents go?
- What does the Bible say about being a God-parent?
- What does the Bible say about being a God-parent? How is serving as a God- parent (godfather) linked with baptism?
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
God Parents Topics
Related searcheslabia piercing outer labia
billy childish poetry
electrocardiogram pr interval
wisconsin miscellaneous information
josiah deuteronomic reform
hypatia of alexandria hypatias death
russian humour toasts