A selection of articles related to goguryeo art.
Original articles from our library related to the Goguryeo Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Goguryeo Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
Goguryeo Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Goguryeo Art books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- KOREA: ART AND ARTISTIC RELATIONS WITH EUROPE/POLAND
- Oct 25, 2012 In Korean art history Goguryeo art takes a significant place, as it reveals ... In the east, the art of papermaking first reached Korea, where paper ...
- A) Introduction of Buddhism to Korea B) The Earliest Surviving Images
- History of Art 690.02, Winter. 2006.
- From a historical perspective, the musical cultures of Korea, art and popular ... Korea. Until the unification of Korea by Silla, komagaku (music of Goguryeo) and ...
- Syracuse University Art Galleries
- DEAN OF THE SCHOOL OF ART ... Syracuse University for its fine arts museum. ....
- Competing Nationalisms: The mobilisation of history - Japan Focus
- in the Korea-China wars over Koguryo/Gaogouli. Yonson Ahn ... and Goguryeo had the same lineage as the .....
Suggested News Resources
- 'Feeling sad will not suffice': BJP demands Mulayam Singh Yadav's apology for
- Lucknow: BJP on Monday demanded an apology from Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav for having ordered firing on 'karsewaks' in Ayodhya in 1990 in which 16 people were killed, saying merely "feeling sad" would not console the families of ...
- Year of fortune for the Year of Byeong-shin, 2016
- The Lunar New Year is just around the corner. Considering the fact that the true fortune year of saju begins as of Ipchun, the onset of spring which falls on Feb. 4 this year, the year of Byeong-shin actually began this Thursday.
- Saju guide to Year of the Red Monkey
- When it comes to the disposition of shin/metal (monkey) itself, it is the letter of wanderlust. It is associated with trade, tourism, leisure, finance, transportation, distribution, academia, communication, culture and art. ...
- New revelations shine light on the ancient Goryeo era
- A series of recent discoveries in the area of cultural heritage are helping improve our understanding of the ancient Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392). Goryeo is often considered the kingdom that attempted to succeed - and emulate - Goguryeo (37 B.C.
- Dogs rescued from South Korean meat farm brought to SF
- Consumption of dog meat is not uncommon in several Asian countries, including China. It can be traced back thousands of years in South Korea, where dog bones have been excavated in Neolithic settlements. A fourth-century wall painting in the Goguryeo ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.