A selection of articles related to gold symbolism.
Original articles from our library related to the Gold Symbolism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gold Symbolism.
- Planet: the Sun Sign: Leo Day: Sunday In most cultures gold is associated with riches, rulership and truth. We are still told that paper money is backed (?) by gold. Here we see the analogy: gold forms the center of the economy, the throne and crown of the...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 37
- Chapter 37 37:1 And Bezaleel made the ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half was the length of it, and a cubit and a half the breadth of it, and a cubit and a half the height of it: 37:2 And he overlaid it with pure gold within and without, and made a...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King Midas and the Power of Gold
- The story of King Midas is the classical story of what can happen if somebody acquires all he ever wished for. According to myth, king Midas once took care of Silenos, the drunken follower to Dionysos, and housed and fed him when in a drunken state he had...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 25
- Chapter 25 25:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 25:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering. 25:3 And this is the offering which ye shall take of...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Gold Symbolism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gold Symbolism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- GILDING TECHNIQUES
- THE SYMBOLISM OF GOLD. In Orthodox icons, as in sacred arts of many other religions, gold symbolizes divine presence, glory, spiritual light.
- Music, Symbol and Negativity in Eilis Ni Dhuibhne's “The Pale Gold
- operative' to follow the idealised image of gold. In this respect, gold is symbolic in a couple of ways, for one, it is the image that represents wealth and prosperity.
- Gold and Power in Ancient Costa Rica, Panama, and Colombia
- Local Production of Power Symbols. 205. Patricia Fernández and Ifigenia Quintanilla.
- Theme: Death as Part of Life's Cycle
- Answers might include the flag, a heart, the cross etc.) Discuss significance of symbols. 5.
- TRADE, ECONOMICS & MARKET OF ASM GOLD
- Gold: a pure metal. Divine symbol due to its stability ( immortality) and brightness (sun). Inca: Hinduism: Buddhism: Egyptians: Christianism: Old.
Suggested News Resources
- Gold Up on Steady Euro; Platinum at 3-Week High
- Aristotle in his ethics used gold symbolism when referring to what is now commonly known as the golden mean. Similarly, gold is associated with perfect or divine principles, such as in the case of the golden ratio and the golden rule.
Suggested Web Resources
- Gold - Symbolism Wiki
- Gold, both the color and object, symbolizes justice. Gold symbolizes power, strength, and perfection.
- Meaning of Gold Color Symbolism
- Paying attention to the meaning of gold will set the theme or mood to your beading designs.
- Gold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Gold is a chemical element with the symbol Au (from Latin: aurum "gold") and an atomic number of 79.
- Symbolic Meaning of Gold - Symbolic Meanings Blog by Avia Venefica
- Oct 7, 2009 Symbolism of Gold. Technically (and alchemically) speaking, gold is a soft, shiny, yellow, heavy, malleable, ductile metal.
- Symbolism of Color: Using Color for Meaning
- Color Symbolism and Culture. Print Beige and ivory symbolize unification.