- Gopura definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
- GOPURA DARSHANAM STHALA PURANAM:
- GOPURA DARSHANAM. STHALA PURANAM: உ தான பாத மகாராஜன. மார.
- West Mebon Temple Roluos
- square, sandstone gopuras and a sanctuary on one level crowned with a lotus. largely destroyed precedes the laterite gopura at the east.
- A Volwahsen, Living architecture,^ 87
- E Gopura. F Shrineof. Subrahmanya.
- Preah Vihear (Cambodia) No 1224
- tank beside the pavement leading to Gopura No. 3. This, accessible only by the three passages coming from Gopura southern side is closed by Gopura No.
- Head for 'Vittal Pindi' today
- Many earthen pots filled with milk, butter, and curds are hanged over 15 specially built wooden “gopuras” at regular points on the route of the procession.
- The writing on the wall: Safe, for now
- The observations reveal that the monuments are stable from the basement to the gopura. The new procedure involved embedding 25-35 glass chips in each of the Vittala, Varaha and Krishna temples.
- Land Records Director told to verify documents
- Former deputy mayor Srirame Gowda has filled a petition stating that the temple has encroached upon to the road and is now building a Raja Gopura. He further submitted that the even the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited is now eyeing the land.
- Off the beaten track
- The main attraction of the temple is its gopura (tower) and the carvings on it. The mukhamantapa leads to the garbha griha and there are idols of Krishna along with Goddess Rukmini and Satyabhama are there.
- Bulldozed: Legacy of Krishna Devaraya
- The sage Bishnappa is credited with the rebuilding of the eastern gopura of Virupaksha temple in early 18th century. The renaissance of the bazaar began around 1960 or 1970 when foreign travelers discovered Hampi.
- Gopuram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A Gopuram or Gopura, is a monumental tower, usually ornate, at the entrance of any temple, especially in Southern India.
- Khmer architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A gopura leads into the 12th century temple compound at Ta Prohm.
- gopura (architecture) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- gopura (architecture), in south Indian architecture, the entrance gateway to a Hindu temple enclosure.
- 250ft Gopura, Murudeshwar, a photo from Karnataka, South
- Jan 12, 2011 This photo from Karnataka, South is titled '250ft Gopura, Murudeshwar'.
- Ancient India
- Chennakeshava was built in 1117, although the tower of the gopura is 16th century (Vijayanagara period).
Gopura is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gopura books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
cardiac arrest etiology
mata amritanandamayi recognition