A selection of articles related to gordon lightfoot.
Original articles from our library related to the Gordon Lightfoot. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gordon Lightfoot.
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Imbolc - Midwinter
- ABOUT IMBOLC | RITUAL | FOODS ABOUT IMBOLC Imbolg/Imbolc is pronounced EM-Bowl-ig or ic, it also known as Midwinter, Candlemass, Oimelc, Lupercus, Lupecal, Disting, Brigatia (Brigid's Day), Lady Day and Groundhog Day. Imbolg translates, according to McCoy, to...
Holidays >> Imbolg
- A Ritual for Mabon
- As Mabon is a time of giving thanks there are several suggested rituals. The first involves those more fortunate helping out those less fortunate. This can involve helping out at a shelter, volunteering at a hospital or working for the Homes for Humanity...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- A Ritual for Samhain
- Samhain is a when the Spirit world is at it's closest to our world. One of the many ways to honor this fact is: to leave and offering by your back door. Leave and empty place setting for a departed loved one and your dinner table. Samhain is one the favored...
Holidays >> Samhain
Gordon Lightfoot is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gordon Lightfoot books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- GORDON LIGHTFOOT
- Gordon Lightfoot, now a household name from coast to coast, sang as a boy in St . Paul's United Church.
- GORDON LIGHTFOOT TO PERFORM AT PALA'S INFINITY
- Jul 6, 2011 Folk-rock music legend Gordon Lightfoot will perform. Saturday, Nov. 5, at Pala Casino Spa & Resort's Infinity showroom.
Suggested News Resources
- Inmate mural captures history
- by Kim Sloan and Kevin Myrick, staff writers History can be shared in many ways — a book that will be read in the classroom or a song that memorializes an event like Gordon Lightfoot's “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
- A blockbuster season
- Writing Gordon Lightfoot unfolds through a series of letters between the author and one of Canada's music icons, Gordon Lightfoot. (McClelland & Stewart, October 18) ? ?
- Column – A Gordon Lightfoot song should last forever
- Bob Dylan once said, “When I hear a Gordon Lightfoot song, I wish it would last forever.” That's the way I feel, too. Bob Dylan once said, “When I hear a Gordon Lightfoot song, I wish it would last forever.
- MacHomer actor gets showcase at Factory
- Canada is known around the world for Gordon Lightfoot and Leonard Cohen in songwriting, and Wayne Gretzky was a pretty good hockey player. And when it comes to live theatre, Rick Miller is becoming something of a phenom himself.
- Feeding Off Life's Sacred Fire
- That's a lyric from a song by Gordon Lightfoot that tries to interpret the struggle going on in the heart of Miguel de Cervantes' mythical hero, Don Quixote.
Suggested Web Resources
- Lightfoot! The Gordon Lightfoot Internet Companion
- Gordon Lightfoot The Gordon Lightfoot Internet Companion, the most complete source of Gordon Lightfoot information on the internet.
- Gordon Lightfoot - Index
- All about Canadian Singer and Songwriter Gordon Lightfoot, including Picture Gallery, Discussion Forum, Lyrics for all Songs, Dates for Concert Tours etc.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.