- Khap members beat up Bajrang Dal activists trying to marry couple of same Gotra
- Sources tell that Khap followers got angry when they heard that Bajrang Dal members were forcibly marrying off a couple that belonged to same Gotra. It was a complete role reversal for Bajrang Dal guys who usually beat others instead of getting beaten.
- Attempt to rake up gotra issue in Hisar village
- Balwant Sanga's son Naveen Sanga got married to a girl belonging to the Bura gotra hailing from Kaithal district on December 6. Later, the Nogama khap panchayat objected to the marriage, stating a youth of Sulkhani and eight other villages under Nogama ...
- Kudumbasree set to empower tribal women
- Minister for Social Welfare M.K. Muneer will inaugurate Gotra Pravesanam, an event marking the completion of the formation of Kudumbasree neighbourhood groups (NHGs) among tribal women in the district, at Kambalakkad on Thursday.
- Reclaiming public spaces, and the public imagination
- The guru had asked him who his father was and what his gotra (family name, indicative of caste) was. When he couldn't answer, the other boys laughed at him.
- Gotra Maha Sabha to relaunch Nilpu Samaram
- Adivasi Gotra Maha Sabha coordinator M Geethanadan and President C.K Janu addressing the media in Kochi on Monday. (Photo: DC).
Gotra is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gotra books and related discussion.