A selection of articles related to grand anicut.
Original articles from our library related to the Grand Anicut. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Grand Anicut.
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 2
- WORKING TO LIVE RATHER THAN LIVING TO WORK Before the dawn of recorded history, a major period of transition occurred. Nomadic hunter-gatherer clans transformed themselves into larger communities who farmed the land. This they did by planting their own...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- About The Kabalah
- Kabalah (Cabala, Qabalah) is an ancient Hebrew method that investigates man’s position in the universe. Why does man exist? Where does he come from? Kabbalah can answer such questions through the spiritual world. Unlike theoretical studies, Kabalah is a very...
Magick >> Qabalah
- The True Nature of Intelligence
- The first step taken by the true intellectual toward personal enlightenment, is to understand that there exists something worthwhile to learn. For them the learning process begins in the study of the opinions of others, an activity they ultimately reject...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Grand Anicut is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Grand Anicut books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- HHEE HHUUGGEE AACCHHIIEEVVEEMMEENNTTSS OOFF
- Small storage reservoirs were constructed before the Mauryan era around 300 BC4 and the Grand Anicut across the Cauvery.
- Chapter 6
- Pennar River in Andhra Pradesh and Grand Anicut across Cauvery River in Tamil Nadu.
- Are You suprised ?
- Somasila reservoir or at the tail end point i.e.
- Irrigation in British India* Bret Wallach Some readers will say that I
- We're at the Grand Anicut, a weir that lies a half hour's drive The British acquired the Grand Anicut and the delta it commands in 1801.
- Radium-226 levels in the Cauvery river ecosystem, India
- Tamil Nadu, ten sampling stations (K1-K10) were selected along the stretch of the river from Karur to Grand Anicut (95 km) (figure 1).
Suggested News Resources
- Flowing waters for fertile fields
- The Grand Anicut built by Raja Karikala Chola in the second nd century AD is still been a marvel in engineering.
Suggested Web Resources
- Grand Anicut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search. Coordinates: 10°50′N 78°49′E / 10.
- Spotlight: The Grand Anicut (Kallanai) in Trichy - YouTube
- Oct 23, 2009 Watch the special report on the Grand Anicut (Kallanai dam) in Trichy built by the Chola King Karikalan.
- Kallanai-The grand anicut on the Cauvery « Harvesting Rainwater
- Aug 2, 2006 The Grand Anicut near Trichy, built by the Chola king Karikalan, dates to the 1st century.
- Water to be released from Grand Anicut on - The Hindu
- Jun 3, 2011 THE HINDU Workers painting the wall of Grand Anicut giving it a facelift.
- Grand Anicut Kallanai - Enjoy!!! - Video
- Feb 26, 2009 Very Pleasant to watch... Nice!!!. Watch Video about Kallanai,Entertainmant,Dam by Metacafe.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.