A selection of articles related to grass carp.
Original articles from our library related to the Grass Carp. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Grass Carp.
- Grass: Correspondences
- Folk Names: Gender: Planet: Element: Deity: Power: Psychic Powers, Protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 2
- Now the point of any study of how much we share in our search for the Deity must be in what shared behaviors should we expect? For the purposes of the community of A Mystical Grove, this must be in how we revere and cherish Nature in all its manifold...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- King James Bible: I Peter, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and...
New Testament >> I Peter
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Ague Root: Correspondences
- Aletris farinosa Folk Names: Ague Grass, Bitter Grass, Black-Root, Crow Corn, Stargrass, Starwort, True Unicorn Root, Unicorn Root Powers: Protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- White Buffalo Calf Woman
- Buffalo stretched to the horizon across the grassy hills. Two brothers were walking towards them. As they walked they saw within the herd a white buffalo calf, something neither one of them had seen before. While they watched it, it began to raise itself up...
Deities & Heros >> Native American
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Grass Carp is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Grass Carp books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Using Grass Carp in Aquaculture and Private Impoundments
- Grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idel- la) are native to large river sys- tems of eastern Asia, from the. Amur River on the Russian-. Chinese border southward.
- Exotic Species Application/Permit to Import Certified Triploid Grass
- Jul 27, 2011 Note: New ponds should not be stocked with Triploid Grass Carp.
- Permit Application for stocking grass carp in New York waters
- APPLICATION FOR A PERMIT TO STOCK TRIPLOID GRASS CARP HAVE TRIPLOID GRASS CARP BEEN STOCKED IN THIS POND IN THE PAST?
Suggested News Resources
- Thousand freshwater fish released in Stanmore
- Developer St Edward arranged for two species, the golden orfe and grass carp, to be placed into the water on the estate off Honeypot Lane to create a natural and sustainable habitat.
- Murfreesboro Fish Kill Mystery Revealed
- Sam Huddleston, the city's environmental engineer, said they only stocked the pond with grass carp. "I was surprised to see so many of these fish dead in the pond," said Huddleston.
- Fish sale orders due Sept. 9
- Varieties available include channel catfish, hybrid sunfish, redear sunfish, hybrid redear, bluegill, black crappie, largemouth bass, fathead minnows and grass carp. Grass carp orders are due by Sept. 2.
- Bolt Your Door: Invasive Species Attacking Texas
- Some aquatic species include grass carp, tilapia, armored catfish, Australian jellyfish, pacu and zebra mussels, while invasive plants include Chinese tallow, water hyacinth, tamarix (also called salt cedar), Guinea grass and many others.
Suggested Web Resources
- Grass Carp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Grass Carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) is a herbivorous, freshwater fish species of family Cyprinidae, and the only species of the genus Ctenopharyngodon.
- Aquatic Plant Management - Triploid Grass Carp
- The grass carp, also known as the white amur, is a vegetarian fish native to the Amur River in Asia.
- Grass Carp
- Grass Carp are native to Malaysia. They were imported by the U. S.
- Triploid Grass Carp in New York Ponds - NYS Dept. of
- Triploid grass carp can be used to control aquatic weed growth and are an alternative to the use of pesticides.