A selection of articles related to great mother.
Original articles from our library related to the Great Mother. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Great Mother.
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Serveral Simple But Useful Meditations
- MEDITATIONS Before you start any kind of meditation, here are a few tips: Pick a place where you will not be disturbed. If you want, you may put on some relaxing music or nature sounds to keep you from possible distractions. Get into an upright position...
Mind >> Meditation
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Great Mother is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Great Mother books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Why serving a child is the mark of a great mother
- The foundation for teaching kids about good nutrition should be laid when they are babies. Breast feeding would be most ideal. Children will follow the mother's steps and consider her as their role model.
- Six great Mother's Day club nights in Liverpool
- Mother's Day night mean breakfast in bed, a family Sunday lunch, or afternoon tea for some mums but for others it's a chance to get on the dancefloor.
- Leah Messer Proves She's A Great Mother With Videos Of Adalynn
- Last season, Leah struggled to make her marriage work, because she was headed to rehab. She really wanted to make her marriage work with Jeremy Calvert, but he was already out the door. Since then, Leah has tried to prove that she's a great mother to ...
- Great Mother's Day deals and discounts
- Those who fancy treating their Mum to something special this Mother's Day should head to The Fragrance Shop for some inspiration, they have some great deals available including a £15 discount on Marc Jacob's Honey fragrance. The 50ml bottle is now on ...
- Cooking for mum this Mother's Day? Here are some great dinner recipes and
- Mother's Day is creeping up on us as it's this Sunday March 6, so if you're still looking for ways to impress your mum and show her some appreciation, there's nothing better than letting her relax for the day while you cook a delicious dinner.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.