A selection of articles related to greek philosophers.
Original articles from our library related to the Greek Philosophers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Greek Philosophers.
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Greek Philosophers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Greek Philosophers books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Battling the Gods: Atheism in the Ancient World review – disbelief has been
- Besides, in classical Greek, the word atheos (“not-god”) is usually used to mean “godless” or “against-the-gods”, rather than a person who does not believe that gods exist.
- JNU is like a land of lotus-eaters, where we have not emerged from the Cold
- No one is supporting the social order that it propounds; likewise, some great Greek philosophers were themselves slave owners as were the founders of the American republic, including Thomas Jefferson who famously said, “We hold these truths to be ...
- Western Civilization isn't dead yet
- The new humanities core, now named “Thinking Matters,” is so diluted that many Stanford students never read a single work of Greek, Enlightenment or other Western philosophy before earning their diplomas. We do not know if the protesters of the 1980s ...
- 'Sicily - Culture and Conquest' at the British Museum: How a little kingdom
- In Palermo, Roger II and his grandson William II hired Greek mosaicists from Constantinople, Arab philosophers and artisans from Egypt and present-day Tunisia, carvers and masons from mainland Italy. All could find a niche and thrive.