- Greenock rapidly became a major port and shipbuilding centre, and though from ... To regain custom, the Caledonian Railway extended (what is now known as ...
- Tom Hiddleston: When Steven Spielberg called I ducked out of my best friend's
- Yet Tom has always had drive, perhaps the result of his father's working-class roots. James, from Greenock on the Firth of Clyde, is the son of a shipbuilder but took a different path via grammar school and university.
- 150 new apprentices at Ferguson's shipyard
- Explaining her career change, Louise said: “I wanted to work in engineering and started an HNC at college in Greenock. I read that Ferguson's were looking for apprentices so I applied. “I'm studying at college during the week and working at Ferguson's ...
- Hopes for local jobs at Port Glasgow shipyard
- Greenock-based MSP Stuart McMillan described the programme as 'fabulous'. Visiting the yard along with Ms Cunningham, he said: “It's a continuation of the progress and re-birth of this yard.” Also at the yard was Skills Development Scotland's head of ...
- Daughter's tribute to Greenock war hero who died after being targeted by drug
- THE grieving daughter of a 90-year-old war hero from Greenock who died after twice being targeted by a drug addict thief has told how the ordeals took their toll on his health. ... “Japanese shipbuilders came to visit one time, and he chatted away to them.
- INTERVIEW: Transport minister Derek Mackay on Ferguson's £97m ferry contract
- WORK on an historic £97 million contract for two new 100-metre ferries got underway at Ferguson's in Port Glasgow yesterday.
Greenock Shipbuilding is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Greenock Shipbuilding books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.