A selection of articles related to grihastha ashrama.
Original articles from our library related to the Grihastha Ashrama. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Grihastha Ashrama.
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Grihastha Ashrama is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Grihastha Ashrama books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- You are immortal
- Soul's rebirth happens repeatedly until perfection is achieved of God-realisation.
- Gender bias in temples as old as the walls around them
- Why were temples built in India? They did not always exist. Before temples, people worshipped rocks and rivers and stars: Kumbh Mela is a classic example of Hindu ritual that does not involve any artificial structure.
- Different Paths to Seek Truth
- The lifestyle of forest dwellers is recommended for the brahmacharis, vanaprasthas and the sanyasis, while living in a house is recommended for the people in grihastha ashrama.
- Annual day held at St Philomena aided high school in Puttur
- The four stages of man i.e. four ashramas, brahmacharya or student stage, grihastha or household stage, vanaprastha or hermit stage, sanyasa or wandering ascetic stage were explained by enacting the characters of Prahalad, Satyavan Savitri, Agastya ...
- Commercialisation of yoga: Boon or bane?
- From the tranquil environs of a forest or mountains, yoga is now increasingly moving to air-conditioned enclosures within homes, fitness centres or attractive resorts.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.