A selection of articles related to grihastha.
Original articles from our library related to the Grihastha. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Grihastha.
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Grihastha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Grihastha books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- You are immortal
- Soul's rebirth happens repeatedly until perfection is achieved of God-realisation.
- Religion's problem with sex
- In Hinduism, once Hindus reach the householder, or Grihastha, stage in life, they are permitted to seek physical pleasure, or kama. One of the best examples of Hinduism's standing on sex is the Kama Sutra, a manual for “proper” sex.
- In Search of Renunciation
- However, the four stages of life—brahmacharya, grihastha, vanaprastha and sannyasa—give us the necessary environment to work out the mind and free it from its familiar strongholds of attachment.
- Art of Striving for Liberation
- A Brahmachari or a student, a grihastha or a householder and a vanaprastha or a forest dweller should constantly strive for liberation and adopt a very uplifting code of conduct in life that will take the individual to that goal of freedom of mind.
- Know the Four States of Refuge
- They are the state of a brahmachari or the student, the grihastha (the householder), the vanaprastha (a reclusive time for worship and prayer) and the renunciate, who lives on alms.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesneuroimaging pet
bank of montreal history
cuisine of bihar other traditional snacks and savouries
wiradjuri wiradjuri culture in fiction
nystagmus diagnosis and therapy
mary kay letourneau the student-teacher love affair
kannur district madayipara