A selection of articles related to grihya sutras.
Original articles from our library related to the Grihya Sutras. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Grihya Sutras.
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Living Tradition of Thelema
- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. What Crowley began, others must continue and develop or Thelema will become but a memory in the history of the Western Mystery Tradition. Yes, he was a Prophet and the Ipsissimus that one could say invented...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
Grihya Sutras is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Grihya Sutras books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Baby Shower And/Or Seemantham: Bundle of Hope and Joy
- Interestingly, the Grihya Shastras or Grihya Sutras (translated from the Sanskrit to “Household maxims or codes”) also don't offer a uniform understanding or celebration of this samskara.
- Some Strange Inconsistencies In Our National Discourse - Part 1
- Public discourse in modern India seems to be a bundle of contradictions, dawdling in sophisticated arguments without a fundamental anchor. The resulting incongruence has come menacingly close to destroying the moral fabric of the nation.
- Here's The Unpalatable Truth About Beef And Hinduism
- The sacrificial rituals were elaborated in later centuries and recorded in Aranyakas, Brahmanas, Grihya Sutras etc (see, for example, volumes 1 and 2 of Indologist Frits Staal's Agni: The Vedic Ritual of the Fire Altar).
- Britishers tinkered with Vedas to permit beef-eating, cow slaughter: RSS's
- "These historians commit a blunder: Firstly, placing Vedas, the primary source, on par with secondary sources (Brahmanas, Manusmriti, Grihya-sutras, etc) and secondly, superseding the primary source by secondary sources. Secondary sources cannot ...
- Beef Controversy: Yajna, Madhuparka, and the use of beef
- According to various Grihya Sutras, during the ritual of Madhuparka, the host must offer the guest following things: a seat, water to wash feet, water for Argya (as an offering) and water for Acamana (to sip).
Related searchesgoodfellas themes
calvinism sovereign grace
william h stayton
chess terminology g