Gross National Happiness
A selection of articles related to gross national happiness.
Original articles from our library related to the Gross National Happiness. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Gross National Happiness.
- Happiness is a decision
- Happiness is transpersonal divine joy and fulfillment in creating and connecting. It is the outbursting purity of the Universe. In happiness one is opening up to the fullest for life, her gifts, possibilities and challenges. This implies that happiness is not...
Mind >> Meditation
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 5
- WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME A foot and light-hearted I take to the open road, Healthy, free, and the world before me, The long brown path before me leading Wherever I choose. Henceforth I ask not for good fortune, I myself am good fortune, Henceforth I...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- The Suit of Cups: Tarot Card Meanings
- 1 ACE OF CUPS Meaning: Beauty and pleasure, fullness, goodness, fertility, productiveness. Reversed: Erosion, sterility, clouded joy, false heart. 2 OF CUPS - Love Meaning: The unity of male and female in the broadest sense: can be inner harmony, can be...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- Discovery and Development of Reiki
- "The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of wellbeing becomes." The Dalai Lama The traditional story of the discovery of Reiki is as historically correct as the biblical report of the life of Jesus - it is molded and...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
Gross National Happiness is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gross National Happiness books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Gross National Happiness in Bhutan: A Lesson in the Perils of Utopianism
- “Gross National Happiness (GNH) is more important than Gross National Product.” This famous quotation by Bhutan's Fourth King Jigme Singye Wangchuk can be seen printed in the offices of Bhutanese government officials and written in crayon on the walls ...
- Gross National Happiness: Bhutan's Unique Measurement
- Bhutan's prime minister, Tshering Tobgay, talks about tackling climate change, economic development and how to measure happiness. MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: We turn now to the tiny nation of Bhutan. Wedged in the Himalayas between China and India, ...
- Values in our community: Measuring our Gross National Happiness
- However, what surprised me was how impressed they were to learn of this country's commitment to a Gross National Happiness index, or GNH.
- Ask Yourself: Are You Happier Now Than You Were 10 Years Ago?
- Bhutan, whose king coined "gross national happiness" in 1972, had the most even distribution of well-being.
- Where are the world's happiest countries?
- The country of Bhutan, a tiny country famous for measuring the "Gross National Happiness" of its people, ranked No. 1 in happiness equality, followed by Comoros and the Netherlands. South Sudan, Sierra Leone and Liberia had the highest happiness ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.