A selection of articles related to guarani mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Guarani Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Guarani Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Guarani Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Guarani Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Guaraní
- Parana and Paraguay Rivers, Guarani villages were distributed con- tinuously up .... a) on the religion and mythology of the Apapocuva-Guarani, and a series.
- An Absent Author? Myth in Augusto Roa Bastos's Yo el Supremo
- Myth in Augusto Roa Bastos's Yo el Supremo observes that throughout the former areas of Guaraní domination: 'se sabe que la cultura Guaraní y su substrato ...
- Oswald de Andrade - Emanuel Pimenta
- Guaraci or Quaraci (from Tupi kwara'sï, “sun”) in the Guaraní mythology is the god of the Sun, creator of all living creatures. Jaci (from Tupi îasy “moon”), is the ...
- Os filhos do sol: mitos e práticas dos índios Mbya- Guarani do litoral
- and show how mythology can justify and also orient practices, through the study of myths, the movements of the Guarani populations and theories of adion.
- A Tupi‐Guarani Language of Eastern Paraguay
- A Tupi‐Guarani Language of Eastern Paraguay ... of the Tupi‐Guarani language family due to ... search, and recording personal narratives, mythology,.
Suggested News Resources
- 250-Million-Year-Old Lizard Skull Found in South America
- The species was named after the mythological beast Teyú Yaguá, whose name translates to “fierce lizard.” The mythological creature is typically represented as a dog-headed lizard. It comes from the mythology of the Guarani ethnic group, which occupied ...
- Stunning discovery of 250-million-year-old giant lizard -- how it got its
- The finding fills a gap in the evolutionary history and could help scientists better understand how these species evolved. The animal's new name, Teyujagua paradoxa, is an interesting one. Teju Jagua is from ancient Guarani mythology.
- Gold Treasure Myth Captivates Paraguay
- What they seek is known as plata yvygüy in the local Guaraní language: it supposedly consists of bullion, old British pound coins, and ornamental pineapples forged from gold.
- Bestiary, The Book of Beasts: Compendiums of Medieval Monsters and Moral Lessons
- Rich, decorative images illuminated in gold and silver showcased a compendium of living animals and birds, rare and common, and mythological creatures, benign and dangerous. These illustrated volumes, popular throughout North Africa, the Middle East ...
- 'Narcos': behind the scenes with director Jose Padilha
- He's torturing people. So there is a fascination with power, a fascination with the small guy that becomes big. All of this is part of the mythology of Pablo Escobar.
Guarani Mythology Topics
Related searchessurfing surf brands
dream analysis black
nightskyinfocom constellation antlia
illinois river history
london films featuring london
health insurance terms a-z