Guillaume De Machaut
- Marvin Gaye Meets The Middle Ages At chatterbird's Next Nashville Concert
- Looking at Machaut's words and music, Eve Beglarian sees parallels to much more recent sounds and the lyrics. A virelai about how Love pushes a man to the best and worst emotional states almost seems like a direct commentary on a Marvin Gaye song ...
- Orlando Consort serves Machaut's genius
- CAMBRIDGE — Few geniuses get less attention than Guillaume de Machaut. Born around 1300 near the French city of Reims, Machaut wrote some 400 poems and was a model for Chaucer. As a composer, he is best known for the arresting harmonies of his ...
- JACK Quartet, fully lit, expands modern survey on Cleveland Museum of Art
- Wednesday's concert was wider-ranging, with three living composers represented, along with two long-dead ones: Guillaume de Machaut and Claudio Monteverdi. Influences from Machaut were prominent in John Zorn's "The Remedy of Fortune," which takes ...
- Intimate Musical Arts in Elegant Space
- To serve as the organizing conceit, Guillaume de Machaut's Ma fin est mon commencement framed the program, a trio of musicians singing the refrain to start the evening and setting the circular interplay of beginnings and endings.
- All's fair: "The Pursuit of Love & War"
- Some of the well-known composers in the line-up are Guillaume de Machaut, Josquin des Prez, and Claudio Monteverdi, who is represented by selections from his Fourth and Eighth Books of Madrigals. It concludes with Clément Janequin's early-music ...
Guillaume De Machaut is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Guillaume De Machaut books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.