- China's Panchen Lama gets high profile
- Born Gyancain Norbu, he was handpicked by the Chinese government as the reincarnation of the Panchen Lama and has largely lived in seclusion in Beijing, tutored by Tibetan and Chinese mentors. He now is being positioned as the representative of ...
- Tibet Wants China to Return Panchen Lama 20 Years After Disappearance
- It is believed that the Beijing backed Panchen Lama; Gyancain Norbu who was installed few days after the abduction of the Ghedun Chokeyi Nyima is being groomed for the purpose of appointing a pro-Beijing Dalai Lama. The 11th Panchen Lama, Ghedun ...
- Why the Dalai Lama won't reincarnate
- Given the strategic importance of the two lamas in Tibetan history, it is no wonder, following the death of the 10th Panchen Lama, Beijing moved quickly to recognize Gyancain Norbu as his successor.
- Beijing rejects dialogue on Tibet, calls on Dalai Lama to apologise
- However, Beijing abducted Gyancain Norbu in 1995, who had been named by the current Dalai Lama as the reincarnation of the Panchen Lama, and installed another one in his place. By breaking the chain between the two spiritual powers, China hoped to ...
- Dalai Lama says he might not be born again
- But the Chinese put that boy under house arrest and installed another, Gyancain Norbu, in his place. Today, while China insists that Gyancain Norbu is the legitimate Panchen Lama, many Tibetan Buddhists do not recognise him. Of Gedhun Choekyi Nyima, ...
Gyancain Norbu is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Gyancain Norbu books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Gyancain Norbu Topics
mass music other sections