Haik Hovsepian Mehr
- US and Europe Should Recognize Iranian Elections as a Sham
- One of them was Pastor Haik Hovsepian-Mehr who disappeared from the streets of Tehran on January 19, 1994. The authorities reported his death to his family on January 30. He had refused to sign a statement drafted by the authorities, which said that ...
- No respite in suppression of Christians and other religious minorities in Iran
- In the 1990s several Iranian bishops and pastors were killed mysteriously by the Iranian regime's security apparatus. One of them was Pastor Haik Hovsepian-Mehr who disappeared from the streets of Tehran on January 19, 1994.
- The Shi'ite Leopard: Iran's Religious Persecution
- A number of Christian leaders have been killed or found murdered since the early 1990s: Assemblies of God Minister Bishop Haik Hovsepian Mehr was found stabbed to death in 1994; Reverend Mehdi Dibaj, pastor of the Church of the Assemblies of God, ...
- EP Conference on religious freedom in Iran: Speech by Dr Sanabargh Zahedi
- During his visit, the Special Rapporteur noted the traumatism caused to the Christian and Protestant communities by the murder of three Protestant pastors in 1994: the Rev. Tatavous Michaelian,; the Rev. Mehdi Dibaj, and the Rev.
- Ready to Join the International Community?
- Four years later another Christian was sentenced to death on the same charges, though freed in response to international protests. However, Bishop Haik Hovsepian Mehr, who spoke out in the case, was murdered; his killer or killers were never identified.
Haik Hovsepian Mehr is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Haik Hovsepian Mehr books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.