A selection of articles related to half uncials.
Original articles from our library related to the Half Uncials. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Half Uncials.
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Beltane was a day representing many things to the Celtic people. It was the second of the four fire festivals. To most it celebrated the sun God, Baal(British)/ Bel(Irish)/ Beli(Welsh)/ Belanos(Pan-Celtic), although the sun appears to have been originally...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 31
- Chapter 31 31:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 31:2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people. 31:3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 25
- Chapter 25 25:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 25:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering. 25:3 And this is the offering which ye shall take of...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 37
- Chapter 37 37:1 And Bezaleel made the ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half was the length of it, and a cubit and a half the breadth of it, and a cubit and a half the height of it: 37:2 And he overlaid it with pure gold within and without, and made a...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Half Uncials is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Half Uncials books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The History of Handwriting - safde.org
- Uncial writing was used by the Romans and Greeks from the 4th through the 8th century.
- Learning to See…And Then Some
- our guide, using uncial, half uncial and Carolingian scripts as our examples in learning how to see and how to analyze a hand.
- “Writing is words made visible. In the broadest sense, it is everything
- Half-uncials, mathematically proportioned to one-half the height of the Roman Square lowercase half-uncial letterforms are called Carolingian minuscules.
- Latin Paleography
- Feb 9, 2011 Next, the mixed hands of uncial and minuscule letters, known as Half-uncial writing, will be examined.
- Notes and News
- Ofthe other letters the L might be derived from Insular half-uncial scripts; the A could derive from either uncial or Insular half-uncial.
Suggested Web Resources
- half-uncial (calligraphy) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Uncial was the most common script used to write books from the 4th to the 8th century ad.
- Half Uncial
- Nov 4, 2005 Medieval Writing. Half Uncial. Script Type : minuscule, with occasional majuscule letter forms.
- Half Uncials - Textism: The Evolution of Writing
- Roman Half-Uncial 5th century.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Half Uncials Topics
Related searchesaccident at sea
idiom idioms and culture