A selection of articles related to handsworth riots.
Original articles from our library related to the Handsworth Riots. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Handsworth Riots.
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Handsworth Riots is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Handsworth Riots books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Race, riots and the press
- about the riots that took place in the early fall of 1985 in Handsworth. ( Birmingham), Brixton and Tottenham (London).
- Assault on precinct Epsom
- riots of 1981, the Handsworth riots in the 1980s and more recently the Burnley riots in 2001.But not necessarily the. Epsom riot of 1919.
- August - 2011
- Brixton riot of 1981, the 1981 Toxteth riots in Liverpool, the 1981 Moss Side riots in Manchester, the.
- Faith in Community
- text in media coverage. Most common associations are to riots in 1980s.
Suggested News Resources
- 'A Violent Convulsion of Kids on Holiday From High School'
- In truth, as Anthony Gordon, a veteran of the truly political Handsworth riots of the 1980s, explained to me, “This ain't protest. When you protest, you put coppers in hospital. These kids ain't making a point, they just want to nick phones.
- UK riots: father of Birmingham man killed in clashes calls for calm
- There is a history of tension between the two communities, which stretches back to the Handsworth riots of the early 1980s, when the black community unhappy at the perception that Asians were thriving in the area, went on the rampage.
- Banton's reggae becoming more spiritual
- Although he's better known for unity anthems, Banton's "Handsworth Riots," for example, creates a vivid and poetic image of civil unrest in England.
- Top cop defends policing in West Midlands during riots
- “We have a lot of community policing, which is great, and a lot of working with the community. What we don't have is cops trained to get stuck in when the muck hits the fan. “I was heavily involved in the Handsworth riots.
Suggested Web Resources
- Handsworth race riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The three Handsworth Riots occurred in the Handsworth suburb of Birmingham, England, during the summers of 1981, 1985 and 1991.
- BBC News - Handsworth riot: 'They've had a field day'
- Aug 9, 2011 People living in Handsworth, Birmingham, wake up to burnt-out cars and buildings and smashed shop windows after a night of rioting.
- pato banton- handsworth riots - YouTube
- May 2, 2009 Pato Banton- Handsworth Riots. Add to. Pato Banton: "Handsworth Riot" live ( HQ Audio)by guitarjamie1446 views · Thumbnail 4:15.
- Birmingham Post - News - West Midlands News - Handsworth Riots
- Sep 10, 2010 25 years ago Handsworth and Lozells erupted in death, destruction, fire and looting.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Handsworth Riots Topics
Related searcheseilmer of malmesbury notes
devolution scotland and wales
think tank types of think tanks
auckland isthmus and harbours