- Physicists have broken the record for the most accurate clock ever built
- Predicted back in the 1980s by Nobel Prize winning physicist, Hans G. Dehmelt, optical atomic clocks are basically laser traps for single ions or many neutral atoms.
- New Optical Single-Ion Clock Is Most Accurate Timepiece Ever Built
- During the 1980s, Nobel Prize award-winning physicist Hans Dehmelt predicted the eventual development of optical clocks. These devices are basically laser traps for neutral atoms or single ions.
- What Time Is It? Time for the World's Most Accurate Clock!
- The Germans' single-ion clock kicks the atomic clock's timekeeping butt on that score. Its systematic uncertainty is 3 x 10-18.
- World's most accurate clock ever build in Germany
- As early as 1981, Hans Dehmelt, who was to be awarded a Nobel Prize later, had already developed the basic notions of how to use an ion kept in a high-frequency trap to build a clock which could attain the then unbelievably low relative measurement ...
- Germany Builds Most Accurate Clock in the World
- The atomic clock theory was propounded in 1980 by Nobel Prize winner, Hans Dehmelt. Even though many atomic clocks have since then been built, the one by PTB is the first one to achieve unparalleled levels of accuracy that was only possible on paper.
Hans Dehmelt is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hans Dehmelt books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hans Dehmelt Topics
Related searchesdeja vu
train whistle other whistle code
kinds of religion
economy of pakistan industry