- hard·tack (härd t k ). n. A hard biscuit or bread made with only flour and water.
- Teacher's Guide
- mainly hardtack (ship's biscuit). The ship's boys Hardtack was very dense and dry.
- Receipt (Recipe) for Army Hard Bread or "Hardtack"
- Receipt (Recipe) for Army Hard Bread or "Hardtack". (as issued to troops during the War of Rebellion 1861-65.
- What Is Hardtack? Hardtack is a cracker-like biscuit made of flour
- What Is Hardtack? Hardtack is a cracker-like biscuit made of flour, salt, and water and was one of the most typical rations issued to soldiers by the U. S.
- HARDTACK. Indianapolis Civil War Round Table Newsletter http:// indianapoliscwrt.org/.
- Connecting With Daily Life of the Past
- By reclaiming this use of literature in the classroom, perhaps we can move away from the political agitation that has been our bread and butter—or porridge and hardtack—for the last 30 years. ... Let the dead French theorists lie.
- Muskegon Genealogical Society to portrayal of Civil War soldier
- Myers will perform a one-man show “Hardtack & Coffee” in which he portrays Civil War soldier Cpl. Martin W. Stafford of Niles, who served in the 2nd Michigan Volunteer Infantry.
- Quirky Newfoundland's Viking trail
- Ordering lunch has already been a language lesson: "Fish and brewis" is a hardtack cracker soaked in water and mixed with salt cod and "toutons" are pieces of fried bread dough that "...
- 'This hallowed ground'
- I had only a small break for lunch, just enough time to rummage through my haversack and get a couple pieces of hardtack. All I can say to describe hardtack is that it is three times as tall as a cracker and so hard it can break a tooth.
- 'Partying' like it's 1861
- Some like to read about what life was like during the Civil War, but these folks like to live it, down to the striped wool stockings, glistening sabers and hardtack provisions.
- Hardtack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hardtack (or hard tack) is a simple type of cracker or biscuit, made from flour, water, and sometimes salt.
- Hardtack History and Recipe
- Aug 21, 2000 Hardtack is the most famous American Civil War staple food.
- Hardtack Is Easy to Make, Hard to Eat (washingtonpost.com)
- Dec 12, 2004 I have always wondered whether hardtack, the food staple that Union soldiers called jawbreakers and worm castles, was really all that bad.
Hardtack is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hardtack books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Related searchestreaty of vincennes
nabataeans list of nabatean kings
hamilton county ohio recreation
canadian scarlet maple