- Turkey's first lady praises Ottoman harem
- The wife of Turkey's president has described the harem of the Ottoman era as an "educational establishment that prepared women for life," reports say. Emine Erdogan was speaking at an official event on Ottoman sultans in Ankara, say Turkish TV stations.
- Polemic about women in the Ottoman harem
- In this event in Ankara on Ottoman Sultans, the president's wife said, “Female members of the Ottoman dynasty and the harem have always been thought-provoking subjects… Orientalists, with their certain imaginary depictions, have created negative ...
- Turkish first lady praises harem as 'school for women'
- There was no age limit for the harem and women of 60 could live alongside young girls, while the most capable could rise to wield enormous influence over the court. Emine Erdoğan's remarks came under fire on social media and her husband's comments ...
- Erdogan's Wife Was Wrong: Ottoman Harems Were About Slavery, Not Education
- "Do not forget that it was closely associated with the institution of concubines, who were slaves, part of the system of slavery prevalent in that period of the Ottomans.
- Le harem "école de la vie" pour les femmes, selon la Première dame de Turquie
- "Le harem était une école pour les membres de la dynastie ottomane et un établissement scolaire pour la préparation des femmes à la vie", a déclaré Mme Erdogan, marraine d'associations de femmes et de bienfaisance, lors d'une intervention publique à ...
Harem is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Harem books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesdream interpretation leak
italian grammar verbs i verbi
list of famous italians
anglican church of canada primates
equation solving solution sets