A selection of articles related to hares.
Original articles from our library related to the Hares. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hares.
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- British. A warrior Goddess of the Iceni tribe, who accepted sacrifices of hares and, perhaps, humans. She is perhaps best known as the deity invoked by the Iceni warrior-queen Boudicca in her rebellion against Rome. See also, Andarta immediately above, for a...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Hares is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hares books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Boxing hares in Scotland mark the emergence of spring
- Footage of some of these boxing hares was taken by wildlife photographer Andy Howard in the Cairngorms National Park. Mountain hares boxing (SWNS). Originally boxing hares were thought to be between males vying for dominance, but new research has ...
- Hare-raising auction to provide home nursing for sick children
- Little Logan Whelan Kelly wondered what all the fuss was about when his mum took him to Jack and Jill's Hares on the March art fundraiser in Dublin.
- Baby hares may be cute, but don't touch: Wildlife Rehabilitation Society of
- As birthing season begins this month, Edmontonians will soon start spotting more baby white-tailed prairie hares, known as leverets, in open spaces around tow. T,he Wildlife Rehabilitation Society of Edmonton is asking people to keep their distance.
- Unwanted pied bulls and boxing hares...
- Mad as a March hare' was first recorded in Chaucer's The Friar's Tale in the late 14th Century. It is a frantic business and I witnessed it twice, once from a train. It is assumed the boxing is between males, but not all the time.
- UK weather storm weather starts as two March hares battle for supremacy
- While this may look like a couple of fluffy white bunnies frolicking in the snow, in fact it is a fierce battle for supremacy and mating rights.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheslina inverse
apep battles with ra
dream dictionary walk
dream dictionary baboon