- The ancient story of goddess Lakshmi—bestower of power, wealth and sovereignty
- In the Harivamsa, appendix to the Mahabharata, Manmatha, the god of love, lust and fertility, was described as her son. The mythology of Lakshmi acquired full form in the Puranas, chronicles of gods, kings and sages that were compiled between 500 and ...
- Celebrating dance
- But the icing on the cake was the composition on Krishna, Gopis playing rasalila and as the quotation from Harivamsa text ascribed to unknown poet, Krishna multiplies himself for each Gopi, came alive as seen in a pichwai (wall hanging ) painting.
- Ramayana, with a Mughal brush
- One masterpiece from the Harivamsa depicts Krishna lifting Mount Govardhan to protect the villagers of Braj from the wrath of Indra.
- Winter Session: To push GST, Modi govt should do away with its majoritarian
- With the shadow of Parliament's monsoon session wash-out still lingering, economists and analysts are keenly awaiting the winter session slated to begin on 26 November to see whether the Narendra Modi government will be able to build a consensus with ...
- The Mahabharata, seen in the clear light of reason
- For instance, she notes that the Mahabharata tells us nothing of Krishna's childhood in Vrindavan and Mathura—those stories come from the later Puranas, the Harivamsa and the Bhagavata. In the epic, Krishna, when he appears for the first time, ...
Harivamsa is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Harivamsa books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesfederal rules of evidence
list of manuscripts
indian oil corporation history