Harlem As African American Center
A selection of articles related to harlem as african american center.
Original articles from our library related to the Harlem As African American Center. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Harlem As African American Center.
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- The Ten Native American Commandments
- Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect. Remain close the Great Spirit. Show great respect for your fellow beings. Work together for the benefit of all Mankind. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed. Do what you know to be right. Look...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- African Violet: Correspondences
- Saintpaulina ionantha Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Powers: Spirituality, protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
Harlem As African American Center is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Harlem As African American Center books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Obama to Announce U.S. Supreme Court Nominee Today
- President Barack Obama said he will announce his nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court at 11 a.
- Was it Civil Rights or a Movement?
- Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammad, director of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in Harlem, agreed. “One of the challenges with capitalizing it is determining when it began and ended,” Muhammad said.
- Dance party USA at the DIA explores art that cuts a rug
- In the center, a dancing boy holds the hands of his mother while a banjo player nearby provides the soundtrack: markers of the centrality of music and dance within African-American culture. Up above a woman and child peer out the .....
- Jazz made visible
- Visitors hear jazz from disparate sources as they walk through the gallery, which is part of the Hutchins Center for African and African American Research. There's Moran's piano, filling the space with music once an hour.
- A Nationwide Guide to Art Exhibitions This Spring
- This is the first museum retrospective of this chronicler of the African-American experience, whose landscapes, portraits and history paintings often refer to art history or to muralist and comic-book traditions. Above, Marshall's “Past ...
Harlem As African American Center Topics
Related searchesgolden egg
dream dictionary riches
colombian peso history
mess dress royal navy