A selection of articles related to hearing.
Original articles from our library related to the Hearing. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hearing.
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Manganum (Manganese)
- Manganese is a widespread metal on Earth. It makes connections with many other elements. Manganum-characters are flexible; they easily adapt themselves to other people. They feel a great need to help and support others. If they cannot help you they become...
Remedies >> Remedies M
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. 13:2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore. 13:3 And he spake many things unto...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Romans, Chapter 10
- Chapter 10 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going...
New Testament >> Epistle to the Romans
- King James Bible: I Corinthians, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit...
New Testament >> I Corinthians
- King James Bible: Galatians, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law,...
New Testament >> Galatians
Hearing is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hearing books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- GUIDELINES FOR A SCHOOL HEARING
- Speech-Language-Hearing Association guidelines for screening hearing and on the. Oklahoma State Department of Health hearing screening protocols.
- Hearing Conservation
- Hearing. Conservation. U.
- REQUEST FOR HEARING BY ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE
- appointed to conduct the hearing or other proceedings in your case.
- Hearing Loss
- A large proportion of people with hearing loss—43 per- cent—are 65 hearing, which may vary from mild loss of sensitivity to total loss of hearing.
Suggested News Resources
- Public hearing set on KU's rate jump
- By Chuck Stinnett Customers of Kentucky Utilities Co. will be able to tell state regulators what they think of a proposed 12.2 percent electric rate increase at a public hearing here next week.
- Barry Bonds' conviction upheld; could next face sentencing hearing
- Bonds, 47, a seven-time Most Valuable Player, could next face sentencing hearing.
- Monroe locals line up to speak at redistricting hearing
- 7 at an Allentown public hearing on how state House and Senate district boundaries should be redrawn for the next 10 years.
- 6 testify in Rowan hearing
- Behrens, whom the council fired on March 14, acknowledged as much under questioning by Avon Park labor attorney Brian Koji at a hearing Friday in the Highlands County Courthouse.
- Neighbors Describe Hearing Helicopter Crash
- We are learning more about the moments before and after the helicopter crash in rural Clay County Friday night. Flight paramedic Chris Frakes, flight nurse Randy Bever and pilot James Freudenberg all died in the crash.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hearing (sense) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hearing (or audition; adjectival form: "auditory" or "aural") is the ability to perceive sound by detecting vibrations through an organ such as the ear.
- HowStuffWorks "How Hearing Works"
- Hearing is made possible through physical movement, rather than chemical reactions. Learn about hearing and see diagrams explaining the hearing process .
- Better Hearing Institute
- Not-for-profit organization with the mission of educating the public and medical profession on hearing loss, its treatment and prevention.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.