Hecate Hecate In Popular Culture
A selection of articles related to hecate hecate in popular culture.
Original articles from our library related to the Hecate Hecate In Popular Culture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hecate Hecate In Popular Culture.
- Hecate: Patroness Of Witchcraft and Witches
- Myth of Hecate Hecate is known as the dark Goddess of the moon. She witnessed the abduction of Persephone, daughter of Demeter. She was able to act as a mediator when Demeter bargained with Zeus to rescue her daughter. Hecate herself, presided over Persephone'...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
Hecate Hecate In Popular Culture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hecate Hecate In Popular Culture books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Missoula dance company contemplates moonscapes in season closer
- In a nod to some Americans' disbelief in the moon landing, they allude to aliens as a transition into the "myths section," which French said depicts "cultural narratives we create" about the moon, like Hecate the moon goddess.
- The Bard Rules FSU/Asolo Conservatory Students Stage Tribute to Shakespeare
- First question of the evening came from student Rob Glauz, who asked about the goddess/spirit Hecate. (He is, in a gender-switching performance, playing Hecate.) “How does ...
- History, theater to highlight week's events
- Pamlico Community College has a number of Cultural & Life Enrichment Program classes scheduled, beginning Monday. They include Beginning and Intermediate Guitar with Bobby ...
- Divine Plans and Unholy Agendas in 'Wonder Woman #49'
- It serves as the basis of most major cultural and religious traditions, minus those inspired by George Lucas. ... It's a possibility that Hecate, the Goddess of Magic and Witchcraft, presents to her and it's not one Wonder Woman can just casually discount.
- What to See in New York Art Galleries This Week
- The most compelling pieces are by artists no longer living, like Paul Laffoley (1935–2015), whose Pop-style painting “Astrological Ouroboros” (1965) depicts signs of the zodiac encircled by a snake biting its own tail.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.