A selection of articles related to heifer.
Original articles from our library related to the Heifer. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Heifer.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, 19:2 This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 If one be found slain in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it, lying in the field, and it be not known who hath slain him: 21:2 Then thy elders and thy judges shall come forth, and they shall measure unto the cities which...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- Suggested "Field Trips" for Runic Study
- I began this article after discussing with my colleagues just what the Runes mean and how one goes about studying them. I also remembered that my Rune teacher, Thorr Sheil, told me that he and HIS teacher went to a dairy farm while they were studying the Rune...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. 15:2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Hebrews, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. 9:2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the showbread; which is called the sanctuary. 9:3 And...
New Testament >> To the Hebrews
- Morrighan (the), Morrigan, Morrigu
- ("Great Queen", "Specter Queen", "Supreme War Goddess" or "Queen of Phantoms or Demons") Irish/Celtic. The Dark aspect of the Celtic Triple Goddess. Crone aspect of the Goddess. Great Mother. Moon Goddess. Great White...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Heifer is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Heifer books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Yearling Dairy Heifer
- After four months, group the heifer with other heifers of and even more so with the yearling heifer.
- BREEDING YEARLING HEIFERS
- Production and Management Decisions 1993. 1. BREEDING YEARLING.
Suggested News Resources
- Junior National Hereford Expo polled heifer contest held
- Sarah, Vada, Hannah and Emma Vickland, Longmont, Colo., and their heifer Churchill Lady 008X ET won the polled show at the 12th annual VitaFerm Junior National Hereford Expo in Kansas City July 16.
- Suspended Arkansas Foundation CEO Sues Organization
- In a lawsuit filed July 25 in Pulaski County Circuit Court, Domingo Barrios accused four Heifer International Foundation board members of trying to affect his contract when he reported alleged inappropriate conduct and unethical practices.
- Heifer hoofs it down the interstate
- By Joseph Rodriguez GREENSBORO -- Police officers got to try out their cowboy skills earlier today when a cow escaped from a transporter. Officers tried for about an hour to capture the animal, but eventually owner Kenneth Gauldin Jr.
- Don't let heifers get too much sun
- Properly constructed shade structures can reduce heat stress and help heifers maintain the growth rates and reproductive performance that are an essential part of Dairy Calf and Heifer Association's Gold Standards II.
- Webinar on Replacement Heifers Offered
- “There is a lot of practical information that needs to be conveyed to the heifer grower, including proper feeding practices for young calves on milk,” says Dr. Corbett. “Also, an area that is often ignored is heifer nutrition from breeding to calving.
Suggested Web Resources
- Charitable Gift Giving that Makes a Difference | Heifer.org
- A non-profit organization whose goal is to help end world hunger and poverty through self-reliance and sustainability.
- Heifer - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Definition of HEIFER. : a young cow; especially : one that has not had a calf. See heifer defined for English-language learners ».
- Heifer | Define Heifer at Dictionary.com
- Heifer definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.